12. Deal or No Deal

When Sam awoke he could smell Ruby making breakfast.
He sat up and slowly walked into the kitchen.
Ruby looked over at him. "Hey Sam, I thought you'd be hungry so I made you some food, now go change."
Sam rubbed his eyes, turned, and headed for his room.
He went through the secure room. He was relieved to see that Gabriel was asleep.
He went into his room and changed. Stopping for a brief second he looked at the photo of his family before closing the drawer and heading out of his room.
When he opened the door to the secure room Gabriel woke up. Sam walked around the circle, ignoring the Archangel.
"I hear you need a miracle."
Sam stopped cold and turned to look at Gabriel.
"What?"
"I could hear you through the door last night."
"And what do you know about miracles?"
"Depends on the situation."
"Are you offering to help?"
"Depends on the situation," Gabriel repeated.
Sam thought for a moment. If there was a chance that Gabriel could save Dean he should take it.
"My brother is sick and nobody can help."
"Sick? With what?"
"I don't know."
Gabriel shifted his position. "I can probably heal him."
Sam's heart skipped a beat. "You can heal my brother?"

"No." Ruby told him. Sam sighed. "Ruby he might be able to heal Dean."
"So? To do that you'll have to take of the chains and he can just as easily kill Dean and you."
"You were trying to keep me from selling him one moment and the next you don't trust as him as much as you dislike sunny days."
She glared at him. "I burn easy. And that's not the same thing. I don't trust him because he's a sneaky bastard but that doesn't mean you can sell him to Gordan."
Sam sighed. "I'm doing it."
"Don't you dare." Ruby jumped in front of him.
Sam raised an eyebrow. "Are you trying to stop me or act like a plant and stand there uselessly."
"You think plants are useless. Try thinking about that next time you breathe."
Sam walked around her. "Hey!"
He opened the door to the secure room and stepped in. "Plants?"
Sam sighed. "Ruby we are getting thicker walls."
Ruby glared at him from the doorway, not wanting to step in the demon trap.
Sam looked back at Gabriel "Ok so this is how it's going to happen. I'm going to put bracelets on you and we are going to go to Dean and you are going to heal him. No tricks, no schemes. Deal?"
Gabriel nodded "Deal."

~~~~

Sam ended up borrowing some bracelets from someone on the third floor. He came back up, ignoring Ruby's glares.
He went over to Gabriel and clipped them one.
Since the person didn't have any collars he had to use several bracelets. Two on the right arm and three on the left.
"Hey Ruby have you seen the keys to the chains?"
"You mean these?" She held op a pair of keys. "Yeah." He held his hand out.
Ruby smiled and ran to the nearest door. "Ruby!" Sam ran after her, nearly getting hit in the face by the door when she closed it behind her. He hear the click of her locking it.
"Ruby! Come on, open the door."
"No. You being crazy Sam."
"You're being crazy! Ruby!" Sam whined, "open the door."
"No."
"This has nothing to do with you. Now open the door."
"No."
Sam sighed. "I'll force my way in and you'll be the one fixing it. Open it."
Sam waited a few seconds before kicking the door down. The loud sound of the wood splintering was followed by the thud of it banging against the wall.
Sam took the keys from Ruby and walked back to the room, keeping the keys above his head so she couldn't reach .
He unlocked the chains.

~~~~

Gabriel watched with amusement while Ruby and Sam had fought over the keys.
It amazed him that a slave and a owner could be so close.
Sam had unlocked the chains, freeing him.
He stood up, slightly shaky. He stretched his arms, his legs, and his wings.
Sam watched in amazement as the Archangels magnificent wings stretched out as far as the room would let them.
"Alright, lets go."