30. Blood is Thicker

Special thanks to all those commenting. Your thoughts and support really mean a lot. I hope you guys continue to enjoy the story.

Lucifer had never felt more alive.
He didn't ever bother to wipe the blood off his hands as he headed away from the massacre. He had the information he needed and very interesting information it was at that.
Sam. His precious little Sam had Gabriel. The fact brought a smile to his face. Maybe the kid was moving on with his life. It was a shame he had to come into it again.
But nothing can ever really stay locked up. If he wasn't enough proof of that the disease was.
It irritated him that it was back. The outbreaks were more frequent now. Of course the government did everything in their power to cover it up. 'Mercy killings' was what they called them. Lucifer smiled. They were trying to keep back the panic. The unavoidable panic. It didn't matter how well prepared anyone was. Because it was coming. He was coming. In more then one way they were alike. The disease and him. It made him smile sometimes.
Lucifer heard a scream. Grinning he continued walking. He already had a plan. Gabriel wouldn't be easy to get to change sides. His brother had always been the sentimental type. But any lie can change that. It just had to he the right one. After all a slice of doubt can go a long way.

~~~~

Heart pumping, muscles burning, and mind racing Dean ran through the course. He glanced up at the half built stage. Cain was leaning against the railing eyes closed and wind blowing the hair. Gabriel was next to him saying something that seemed to be amusing to him. The archangel broke down laughing while Cain just simply nodded.
Dean looked in front of him and saw 'the wall' which is what Cain had called it. Picking up speed Dean launched himself in the air toward the wall. He scrambled for footholds and handholds as he fell against the rock face. He climbed up his hands searched for somewhere to grip. He glanced back at Gabriel and Cain. Cain still had his eyes closed. He wasn't even watching. Dean paused feeling the exhaustion. He shifted his weight and wiped sweat off his forehead. He heard a soft thud as Sam landed on the wall next to him. His brother grinned at him. "Well, come on. I might actually beat you this time." The younger Winchester started up the wall moving surprisingly fast finding foot and handholds. Dean sighed and followed. By the time he reached the top dust and dirt was stuck under his fingernails and his shirt was matted with sweat.
He looked over to where Sam was standing on the edge of the stage looking down at the swimming pool below. He leaned foreword and fell a couple second later Dean heard the splash.
Dean laughed until he saw Cain who was frowning deeply water dripping from his hair. Gabriel was also soaked but he just laughed and jumped over the side joining Sam in the water. Dean shook his head.
He walked over to the stage and over to Cain who was shaking his head water droplets spraying everywhere. "You're getting slow, Dean. You feeling alright?" The man asked gruffly. He voice was surprising deep.
Dean nodded, "fine. I think Sam if just getting faster." That was lie. Well, not completely. Sam was getting faster but Dean wasn't feeling fine. Dean feared Cain could tell with the look in his trainers eyes Dean was sure it was actually cutting into his soul. Wanting to get away from the other man Dean walked to the edge of the swimming pool and looked down. Sam was on his back arms outstretched and hair like a halo around his head.
Gabriel was underwater moving around the edge of the pool his wings tucked tight around him. Dean watched him move around through the water and found himself smiling. After nearly a week he finally accepted the archangel. It was hard sometimes remembering what Gabriel's brother had done but the archangel himself was no harm. In fact Dean trusted him with his brother.
"Hey, Gabe. How can you swim with wings?" Sam called when Gabriel came up for air.
A smile slid around Gabriel's face and he stretched his wings out. They weren't wet.
Sam's eyes widened. He swam over to Gabe reaching up and running his hands along the feathers. The water slid right off. "Wow...."
Gabe laughed at Sam's awestruck face. Then slowly the look faded away. "Does...does that work for blood too?"
Gabriel shook his head. "Blood is thicker then water."

~~~

Ruby shook her head as she watched the boys in the pool. "They're like children, I swear."
Adam shrugged, "children who have seen to much."
Ruby sighed and turned to him. "One week of training, even with Cain, is not enough."
Adam looked her dead on the eye. "I guess we'll just have to see."

Broken and Burnedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें