24. You May Need Convincing

"Maybe if we cut down on transport coast." Metatron sighed and tapped his pen against his desk. Kevin looked back at the paper in his hand.
"If we stop the-" he was cut off when Gordan entered the room.
Metatron made a hand motion at Kevin to leave.
After Kevin left Gordan put a case on top of Metatron's desk.
Metatron put down his pen and unlatched it.
A small smile crept across his face when he saw the white wings.
He reached in and gently took one out. Holding it up to the light he noticed that it had a silver glow.
"I can have it carved by tomorrow," Gordan said.
Metatron set the wing down, "good."
Gordan stood silently for a couple seconds. Finally he spoke.
"You know how I've been trying to get that archangel, right?"
Metatron nodded.
"Well I could use some help." Metatron raised his eyebrows, "what kind of help?"

~~~~

Gabriel stuck out his tongue at Sam while Ruby climbed in. Sam smirked at him, "it's not far."
"Why do we have to ride in the back?" Ruby complained.
Sam shrugged, "Sorry."
He closed the doors,followed by the sound of the latch falling into place and the doors being locked.
Ruby sighed and looked at Gabriel. "If you break Sam's heart I swear I will break you."
Gabriel sat down slowly, wincing slightly. "Well that escalated quickly."
Ruby shrugged, "just saying."

~~~~

Dean relaxed into the seat his pain fading slightly and moved one hand along the leather. "This car is amazing."
Adam grinned at him, "I know."
Sam sighed, "why do they have to go in a van?"
Adam glanced review mirror. "You may trust them but I don't."
Sam sighed again.
They pulled into a nice street.
A sign was placed on one of the lawns. It said 'Drive Slow' in large lettering.
"What's that?" Dean asked.
Adam sighed, "there was a bad explosion at one of the houses. Apparently some angels and demons got lose."
They slowed down as they passed the house. Several cars where parked around it. The remains of the house was mostly rubble.
Dean looked out the window and frowned.
The fence was twisted but a name was still recognizable; Talbot.
"Did uh, did anyone die in the explosion?" Dean asked.
Adam sighed. "Yes. There were three deaths, but it wasn't the explosion that killed them."
Dean looked down, "was Bela one?"
Adam didn't answer, he just stared out in front of him. Dean lowered his head. "Did Michael get lose?"
Still Adam just stared out the window.
Dean glanced back at Sam. Sam was looking out the window, he looked pale and shaken.
Dean looked back at the remains of the house. The car drove past leaving the destroyed building behind them.

~~~~

Michael slowly turned the broken bracelet in his hand, his fingers running over the angelic marks.
He looked over at the fire burning in front of him. With a flick of his hand he threw the bracelet in.
For a second the bracelet sat alone in the fire before the flames surrounded it. The metal started to turn red and melt.
Michael stared at it as it was consumed by flames.
He turned and left the room.
He climbed down from the loft of the barn. He walked over to where his brother had his feet up on a crate and was reading a book.
"I didn't think you were interested in books."
Luicfer looked up. "It amuses me."
Michael snickered. Lucifer stood and put the book down. Michael saw that it was labeled 'the hunger games'.
"So I hear Gabriel's in town."
Michael nodded, "do your think he'll come?"
Lucifer smiled, "I'll convince him."