28. Broken Glass and Cold Showers

Around 5:45 Sam and Dean came downstairs and were quite pleased to see the breakfast had already been set up.
Gabriel and Ruby however had a little more trouble.

"Guess what time it is!" Ruby yelled as loud as she possibly could knowing the half wall between then was paper thin. She heard a groan and the sound of feathers rustling. She was instantly struck with the questions of why Gabriel had been sleeping if angels don't sleep and how it was possible to sleep with wings.
Curiously Ruby stood and crept over to Gabriel's side. He was sleeping on his stomach the sheets entangled around his legs. He was wearing nothing but light blue jeans. The wing that had been broken the day before was sprawled off to the side and hanging off the bed. The other wing was pulled up slightly so it covered a bit of his face. Ruby could easily see when the wings met his back. One hand hung off the side of the bed. His hair was flipped in every direction and tangled into a messy nest.
Ruby smiled. She was about to wake him in the loudest way possible but decided to let him sleep.
Instead we went into the bathroom to take a shower. It was cramped but at least the water was warm she thought to herself as she hummed a song she had once heard. About halfway through her shower she heard Gabriel get up.
She heard feathers moving and a big thump followed by several bizarre cuss words.
"I'm the demon but he's the one cussing," Ruby mumbled to herself with a smile.

Gabriel woke to the sound of water running and someone humming some tune he'd never heard.
Groaning he pulled his wings in and sat up. He ran a hand through his hair but it didn't help much in getting it out of his face.
He stretched his wings out all the way to the walls. His broken wing had mostly healed and the burned feathers had fallen out and had been replaced with new ones. He rolled his shoulders letting the muscles shift and stretch.
He pulled his wings in as they moved they bumped the bed stand. The red colored lamp that has been placed there fell and the lightbulb shattered pieces of glass skittered across the room. Gabriel cussed and tried to pick his way through the glass but on his fourth step a thin piece of glass sliced the ball of his right foot digging deep. Gabriel cussed again this time more colorfully. Putting his left hand against a wall Gabriel balanced one his left foot and pulled the glass out. It was now stained red and blood started to drip from the cut. Using the heel of his foot Gabriel managed to get end of the room and away from the majority of glass pieces. He balanced on one foot while examining the cut from the glass on the other.
Ruby came out of the bathroom. Gabriel looked up from his bleeding foot to her. His eyes widened. "Uh....why are you....?"
Ruby smirked, "Naked? There aren't any towels in the bathroom," she started back to her bed. "And besides, I thought you were gay."
Gabriel stared at her bare back his wings puffing out a bit. "Well I dated a goddess....a while ago..." He let his foot drop back down to the floor.
Ruby started to get dressed as Gabriel went into the bathroom.
She couldn't help but smile at the glass shards on the floor.

Gabriel locked the door behind him and let out a breath he didn't even know he had been holding.
He ran a hand through his hair. The mirror was still fogged up. He drew his hand across the glass clearing the steam away.
He sighed a let his wings fold out. Gently he ran his fingers over the feathers. Finally all the feathers seemed to have been straighten out.
"Hey, you should hurry up with the whole cold shower thing because one of Adam's demons is coming to get us," Ruby's voice drifted through the door.
Gabriel groaned and mumbled several more more cuss words. He heard someone knocking at the front door.
Gabriel fixed his hair then opened the bathroom door. Sure enough one of Adam's demons was looking at him impatiently. Ruby was also looked at him but irritated at him. "Hurry up. I want breakfast," she said.
Gabriel walked over to his bed and grabbed his shirt. "You don't need to eat."
"Well, you don't need to sleep."
Gabriel glanced back at her. "Fair enough." He pulled his shirt on. "Let's go."