19. I've Given My Heart

Dean took the steps two at a time. He ran to Sam's door and knocked rapidly.
Ruby answered. He walked past her and saw Sam sitting on the floor with his back to the couch.
"Sam!"
Sam looked over at him. "Dean."
Dean ran to his side and dropped to his knees.
Sam noticed his broken arm dangling uselessly and the cut on his face.
"What happened to you Dean?"
"Alastair attacked me. Ruby get something to help stop the blood flow."
"Alastair attacked you? Why did he do that."
Dean sighed, "Because some guy who owns the company I used to work at took his bracelets off."
"What? Why?"
"I don't know! He said something about a test."
Ruby handed Dean a towel.
Dean pushed it against Sam's forehead causing him to flinch.
"Where's Gabriel?" Dean asked when he noticed that the Archangel was gone.
"He went around back."
"Well he should be out here helping me."
"Oh, he was doing something. Wouldn't exactly call it helping," Ruby said.
Dean glanced at her. "What?"
"I'll let Sam tell you."
Dean glanced back at Sam. Sam shifted uncomfortably. "Well, ummmm, he, uh, kissed me."
Dean stared at Sam. "What?"
"He kissed me."
"What?"
"Dean!"
Dean stood up. "I'm going to strangle him."
Sam sighed, "dean..." But he was ignored.
Dean stormed to the back, opening and slamming doors.
When he finally found the Archangel in the bathroom with his hands curled gripping onto the sink. He stormed up, hands curled into fist.
"YOU SON OF A BITCH!!"
Gabriel looked up, his eyes widened when he saw Dean. He backed up. "I can explain."
"You have two seconds."
"I was happy he was alive and well it was like the heat of the moment."
"A FREAKING ASIA SONG!"
"So you know it?"
Dean grabbed Gabriel's jacket and slammed him into a wall the bones in his broken arm shifted the pain just adding to his anger. Gabriel cringed as his wings were uncomfortably crushed between him and the wall.
"Why does everyone keep doing that?"
Dean glared at him. "You kissed my younger brother."
"He kissed me back."
Dean punched him in the face. Blood ran from Gabriel's nose. Dean punched him several more times in blind anger. "You stay away from my brother."
"He's my owner! And it's not my fault he liked it."
Dean's eyes widened and he punch Gabriel in the face then in the stomach. He could feel the skin on his knuckles splitting. He didn't stop till Gabriel's face was covered in blood. He let go of his grip on Gabriel's jacket and stepped back and watched Gabriel fall to hands and knees on the floor.
Dean looked down at Gabriel for a second then turned and left the bathroom.

~~~~

Ruby was holding the towel to a knife wound on Sam's shoulder. He was holding ice to his bruised and broken ribs.
Ruby looked up when Dean entered. She noticed that he had blood on his knuckles and the way he was holding his injured arm.
Dean walked over to Sam.
"Dean. You didn't need to do that."
Dean took the towel from Ruby and went into the kitchen and started to clean the blood off of it.
"Did you kiss him back?"
"What?"
"Gabriel. Did you kiss him back?"
Sam looked down. "I...i...-"
"Yes or no, Sam."
"Yes."
Dean sighed. "Listen Sammy, I have nothing wrong with you being gay but kissing Gabriel?"
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry. You can kiss him. I won't be happy about it. But as long as you're happy I'll try." Dean put the towel down to dry then headed for the door.
"Dean."
"I'm glad you're okay, Sam." Dean opened the door and left.
"Dean!" Sam winced as he stood. He headed out the door after Dean.
Ruby glanced over at Samandriel, who was sitting silently, listening.
"What's going on?"
Ruby sighed, "Dean and Sam are fighting over Gabriel kissing Sam."
Samandriel's eyes widened. "Gabriel kissed Sam?"
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"I don't know. I think he was just happy that Sam was alive."
"What? Why would Sam not be alive?"
"A demon attacked him."
Samandriel was silent. Ruby jumped up suddenly. "I forgot! A man came to the door and offered to set me free if I attacked Sam."
She headed to the door. Samandriel followed the sound of her footsteps. Ruby closed the door after he stepped out.
She led him down the stairs.
They reached the parking lot. "Dean! Sam!"