25. Changes In the Air

Adam pulled the car up the driveway and parked outside the house. The van parked behind him and Noemi got out. Adam, Dean, and Sam stepped out and went over to her.
"I'll go get them-"
"Actually the demon and angel won't be staying at the house."
"What?" Sam asked.
Adam smiled slightly, "Calm down I have a place for them around back. Now why don't you come in and get cleaned up." He turned and went inside not looking back to see if they were following.
Dean glanced at Sam and shrugged. They followed him inside.
The house was much bigger on the inside then the outside made it look. For a second both Sam and Dean stood silently looking at everything.
"Nice, I know," Noemi said as she walked past them.
Dean looked up at the glass chandelier with approval.
"That most have cost a fortune."
Adam motioned for them to come up the steps.
Once they were on the second floor Adam pointed to two doors. "You can use these two rooms. The bathroom is across the hall." He walked down the steps, leaving them alone.
Dean opened the door to the room closer to the steps and then the second one.
They were both plain and boring, with walls white and the sheets to the beds a pale blue.
Dean glanced at Sam, "I guess I'll take that one," he said, pointing at the one farther from the stairs.
Sam shrugged and went into the other room.
Dean went into his own room and closed the door. He stood in the empty room wishing he had some of the stuff from his apartment.
The rooms plain walls began to spin and swirl. Dean's head started to ache. It grew into a horrible, piercing pain that moved down his spine in waves.
Dean put a hand to his forehead and leaned against the wooden dresser. His head was spinning and he felt like he was going to throw up. The broken bone in his arm felt like it being struck with millions of tiny needles.
There was a knock at the door. The pain and nausea ceased as if it had never been there.
Dean felt his head which was no longer burning hot. He looked around him but the walls remained still.
The knocking pulled him back to reality. He opened the door and saw a angel standing there.
"Adam would like to talk to you and your brother," he said.

~~~~

Kevin let his head fall to the desk. Chuck awkwardly put a hand on his shoulder.
"I can't do this," Kevin moaned. Chuck sighed as
Metatron entered the room. "Do you have the papers?"
Kevin slowly lifted his head.
"I...uh....I was working on that but, umm."
Metatron raised his eyebrows, "you don't have them?"
Kevin glance at Chuck, nervously.
"No," he mumbled.
Metatron frowned, "have them by tomorrow,"he said and left the room.
"Whoa, that was easy."
"Why is he in a good mood?" Kevin shrugged and got up. "I got to go."
Chuck nodded and watched him leave.
"Chuck!"
Chuck jumped at little when he heard Metatron's voice.
Metatron walked over to him, "you took in that angel that Gordan didn't want, right?"
Chuck nodded, "why?"
"Can you take in a few more?"
"A few more?" Chuck asked, feeling nervous. "What does that mean?"
Metatron shrugged, "just until I get the papers for them. Call it a friendly gesture. Nothing illegal."
Chuck frowned, "why would i do that?"
Metatrom smiled, "the deal comes with a new place. Expenses covered."
Chuck sighed. Metatron watched him closely.
"Fine."

~~~~

Sam and Dean followed the angel down the stairs and into a finely lit and furnished room.
Adam was sitting with a glass of something in his hand. Across from him another man was sitting, also holding a glass.
Adam saw them and stood, "Sam, Dean, I'd like you to meet Crowley. He's the one who suggested you to be employed."
Crowley stood and looked them both up and down. "Hello boys, it's nice to finally meet you."
Sam glanced at Dean, who was staring off as if he hadn't heard him.
"Umm I guess it's nice to meet you too," Sam said, nudging Dean.
Crowley smirked.
Adam motioned to a couch. "Have a seat."
They sat down, nervous and tense.
"lets talk business shall we?"
"Sure."
"as you probably already know I hired you to be hunters."
"I don't see why. Neither of us have ever done anything up that ally."
Crowley smiled, "we have people to help you train. Your angel and demon too."
Adam put his drink down, "I was not informed that the demon or angel would be involved."
Crowley stared down at the ice in his glass as it swished around, "I apologize. I thought it was obvious."
Adam sighed, "anyway," he turned to Sam and Dean. "I already have a lead on something simple. Just some rogue vampires."
"Uh...." Sam glanced at Dean. "Dean," he hissed and elbowed him in the ribs. Dean blinked, "what?"
Crowley frowned at him, "are you alright?"
"Yeah, fine," Dean mumbled.
Crowley stood, "I have to go. I'll be here at four tomorrow."
Adam nodded and watched him leave.
"You alight Dean? You don't look so good."
Dean stood, "I'm just going to get some sleep."
Sam watched him go up the stairs, passing the angel that stood there.

~~~~

"You've got to be kidding me."
"I think they're serious."
Ruby glanced over at Gabriel then back over at the small three room building.
"Nope. I'm in denial."
"Stop being such a diva," Ruby told him.
"UGGGGG."
Ruby went inside the house, and looked around. It was much better looking then the apartment. She wandered into the other rooms.
Gabriel was standing outside when she came out. "It's not that bad."
"It has three rooms."
Ruby sighed, "If you want to stay out here fine." She went inside and closed the door.
The kitchen and living were combined. The bedrooms were connected by half a wall and the bathroom was about as big as a coat closet.
Ruby smirked when she heard a knock at the door. She opened it and looked at Gabriel.
"Have you decided to swallow your pride and just come in?"
"Shut up," he mumbled as he limped in.
She smirked as she closed the door.
"I feel like I'm suffocating. I can't believe they're making us stay here."
Ruby squeezed around him and into the kitchen.
Gabriel groaned as he tried to stretch one of his wings out, the other still hanging limply. There was a knock at the door.
Gabriel opened it. "You have been invited to speak with Mister Adam," a demon in a nicely dressed said.
Gabriel stared at the demon. "What?"
"You have been invited to speak with Mister Adam."
Gabriel held up one hand. "Please just stop talking. Your formal words make my ears bleed."
Ruby pushed him away from the door. "Ignore him, it's what I do."
The demon frowned, "both of you are to come to the dining room."
"I thought it was a invitation," Gabriel spoke up from behind Ruby.
The demon frowned, "don't be late." The demon turned and walked away. "It's not that bad," Gabriel said in a high, mocking voice.
Ruby punched his arm making him wince. "Come on, lets just go. And don't be an ass."
"I make no promises."