17. Dark Side of a Demon

Dean walked into his apartment. Alastair came over. "You have a visiter."
Dean walked into the living room.
"Hello. I'm Adam." The man said as he stood.
"Ummm hello?" He shook Adam's hand.
The man sat again and waited for Dean to sit.
Dean was tense. He didn't like how this man acted like he owned the place.
"I am the owner of Far Hills Factory."
"Ah. I used to work there."
Adam smiled, "Yes, I know. I'm here to offer a job."
"What?"
"You are a wonderful worker and it was a shame to lose you. I want to offer you a job."
"What kind of job?"
Adam sighed, "You'll be doing some work for some very specific clients."
"What kind of work?"
"You'll be a hunter."
Dean fiddled with his jacket and frowned. "I'll think about it."
Adam stood, "If you have any questions just call." He handed Dean a card with a number and a name.
After Adam left Dean turned to Alastair, who was standing in the kitchen. "Why'd you let him in?"
"Because he took off my bracelets."
Alastair picked up a knife from counter. For a terrifying second Dean was completely still thinking about the knife that would fly across the room an kill him in a heartbeat. Dean ducked behind the couch as the knife imbedded itself in the wall.
Dean felt his pockets. He had nothing. He couldn't defend himself.
Alastair moved the couch with a flick of his hand.
Dean moved back. He fell onto his back.
Alastair stood over him with a crazy smile.
Dean kicked out and hit Alastair in the leg, causing him to fall.
Dean jumped to his feet and ran to the kitchen. He rummaged through the drawers desperately.
Alastair stood and laughed. "You think I'm that stupid?" He held up the demon killing blade.
Dean picked up a knife out of one of the drawers. "Think you can beat me?" Alastair asked, mockingly.
Dean gripped the blade tighter.
Alastair moved with amazing speed.
Dean lounged out with the knife. Alastair grabbed his arm and with one swift action snapped it. Dean screamed in pain.
Alastair pulled on the broken arm and twisted it behind Dean's back.
He slammed Dean into a wall. Dean could feel Alastair's hot breath on his neck. Alastair slid the knife across the side of his face.
Dean's breath quickened he felt a tear threaten to fall.
He didn't want to die; he couldn't bare the thought of Sam, all alone.
In a sudden burst of desperation Dean managed to get out from Alastair's grip. He twisted around and elbowed Alastair's face; he cringed as the bones in his arm grinded together.
Dean grabbed the demon killing knife and slammed Alastair's head onto the counter.
He put the knife through the demons neck. Orange light flashed through Alastair's body. His body jerked and he choked on blood. Finally, his body went limp.
Dean pulled the knife out, and Alastair's body fell to the floor. It lay in a puddle of blood.
Dean looked away, feeling sick.
He was startled when the phone rang. With a shaking blood stained hand he picked it up while keeping the broken one pulled up to his chest.
"Hello?"
"Dean! It's so wonderful that you're alive!" A familiar voice said through the phone.
"Adam! What the hell?"
"Sorry Dean but I had to make sure you where the right person to go to."
"You are completely insane."
"No, I'm just good at business. But I want to meet you and your brother."
"My brother?"
"That is if he passes the test."
"What did you do?!?!" Dean yelled into the phone.
"Well I offered to let his pet demon loose if she attacked him. She called me a bastard and slammed the door. So I moved on to plan two."
"The archangel."
"No. Of Course not. He's got a cute little crush on your brother. He wouldn't do what I asked. Since all of Sam's friends are so loyal to him I just had to plan something myself."
"He better not get hurt."
"Well lets hope he's a good fighter. I sent one of my best!"
Adam hung up, leaving Dean holding the phone in shock, horror, and anger.

~~~

Sam went into the kitchen and got drinks for everyone.
Chuck asked for any type of alcohol while everyone else asked for water.
Sam handed everyone their drinks and sat down. He looked at Ruby and Gabriel. "You two are supposed to be doing that."
Gabriel shrugged. Ruby smirked and took a drink.
Sam shot a glance at Chuck, who had drunk half of his drink already.
Chuck shrugged. "I'm stressed, okay."
Sam looked over at Samandriel.
The angel had fallen asleep, curled up on one side of the couch.
"What are we going to do with him?" Sam asked.
Gabriel moved protectively, closer the the smaller angel.
Chuck tapped his finger against his glass, thinking.
"I can't keep him at my place. Can he stay here for a while?"
Sam nodded, "Yeah, sure."
"Thanks." Chuck finished his drink and put it down. "I got to go. Thank you so much!"
Sam watched him leave then took Chuck's glass and put it in the sink. Ruby stood up and followed him.
"What are we going to do with Samandriel. He looks like he'll hardly survive a week."
Sam sighed, "Gabriel will watch out for him." Ruby opened the freezer and took out some ice cream.
She reentered the room and sat down. Gabriel smiled "Have you heard of this movie called......"
Sam didn't listen to anything else Gabriel said. Sam stood by the sank and cleaned the dishes that he'd collected.
He was humming a song when he heard Ruby start cussing and yelling at Gabriel about something. Sam laughed.
A hand grabbed his arm and a knife was held to his neck. "Say a word and you'll be dead in a couple seconds."
Sam slowly put the plate he had been clearing back in the sink.
The person forced him to step back. Sam's eyes darted desperately in the direction of Ruby and Gabriel.
Neither of them could see him because of a cabinet in the way.
Sam's eyes roamed over the counter, hoping he had left a knife out. He hadn't.
"Don't bother. No one is coming."
Sam glanced at the plate, it was still in the sink. He could see the reflection of the demon.
She had brown hair and a black leather jacket.
She pulled him farther away and Sam realized that unless he did something now, he wouldn't be able to do anything at all..
He elbowed her as hard as he could in the ribs. She stumbled back but quickly regained her balance and lounged a him.
Sam picked up the plate and threw it at her. It smashed against her arm. Pieces rained down to the floor.
Sam glanced behind him to the other room. "It's been shielded. All they see is you cleaning dishes," the demon said with a cruel smile.
Sam glanced around him. He ran to the drawer that he knew held the knifes.
The demon lounged at him, the knife going into his shoulder.
Sam screamed and fell against the counter. He pulled the knife out, his face twisted in pain. The demon took out another knife this on was hooked. "a fair fight. Up for it Sam?"
Sam tensed. She smiled at him and without waiting for a answer ran at him.
Sam stumbled back. The knife in his hand held wrong. A voice in the back of his head spoke up. "No Sam, put your thumb on that side."
Sam moved his thumb. For once in his life actually listening to the voice. .
"Good now remember to not only use force be smart, and Sam, you have to be brutal to win."
Sam bit his lip. The demon's knife almost hit him in the side. Sam barely moved out of way in time.
"Be agile. Even the biggest cat can walk silently."
Sam bounced on his feet doing his best to follow the instructions.
The demon thrust the knife at Sam's head. He moved but she also kicked his knees.
He fell and dropped the knife. His palms slammed against the floor.
The demon walked over and kicked him in the stomach. Sam curled in on himself. "Don't be a weakling, Sam," The voice said.
Sam groaned and turned to the side, spitting out blood.
The demon grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "I'm going to enjoy this."
"The knife. Just because it's not in your hand doesn't mean you can forget about it," the voice said.
Sam moved his hand along the floor until his hand curled around the knife.
The demon pulled him up to his feet. Her face inches from his. Sam pushed the knife into her arm with all his strength.
Shocked, she screamed. She looked down at the the knife and pushed Sam roughly.
He fell back; his head hitting the counter. Hard.