Chapter two: The note

Start from the beginning

“Do what?” Kyle asked.

“Get her to laugh of course, I always try but I never succeed.” She said and I thought ‘that’s because of your weird sense of humor’

“I’m surprised myself I must say…” He gawked at me and then he glanced at me leg. “Does it hurt?” There was a painful expression on his face I wasn’t able to understand. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my leg I moved it a bit and I felt the stitches pull, that hurt.

“Yes.” I said for some reason I now found it easier to talk to Kyle, probably because my mom was here.

“Will there be a scar?” he asked the expression got even sadder.

“Yes, but I don’t mind.” I said. I kind of liked the tough feel such a scar would give off. His face lightened a bit, well that was confusing. “Why?” I was curious.

“You used to say you’d rather die than have a scar.” He said and I had to think really hard to understand what he meant. In kindergarten I had believed that girls with scars weren’t allowed to get married. That had abruptly ended when my father died and a painfull and big scar had been created and was visible even now. The weirdly shaped scar was on my lower back, made with a-

“Oh I changed in opinion.” I said taking my mind of the subject.

“Good.” He smiled. We chatted for a while until visiting hours were over and Kyle and my mom left. I had to stay in for a few days because of the enormous amount of blood loss and I wouldn’t be able to go to school on Monday(today was Friday). I wanted to go to school but knew I wouldn’t be able to I so didn’t argue over it. when my mother and kyle had been gone for an hour I finally fell asleep, drowsy of the medication that was still in my system.

I dreamed of the wolf.

“Come on Jenn, follow me!”the wolf said to me in my mind. He was running through the snow and I was chasing him his color couldn’t hide him any longer. He was clearly visible.

“Where are we going? Slow down!” I called.

“Are you mental! RUN!” He screamed. I heard a gunshot behind me and I knew why we were running, the wolf was being hunted.

“No!” I screamed as I woke up to the empty hospital room. I looked around trying to remember what I was doing here and I remembered my leg. It hurt like hell, it felt like it was burning. I gritted my teeth together and closed my eyes to fight against the screams that were building up in my throat. My blanket had blood on it, my stitches must have ripped but when I pulled the blanket away to inspect my leg it was completely clean and stitched. The blood hadn’t come from underneath the blanket, but from something above it. I looked around the room, scared. The only thing that was weird, apart from the blood, was a note on the chair my mother had sat in that afternoon. I stretched out my upper body and almost fell of the bed but could reach the note. I grabbed it and threw myself back to land on the bed. The movement hurt my leg but it wasn’t as bad as it had been before.

I unfolded the note.

I’m sorry, see you fourth period English-

W

W? I didn’t know a name starting with W… wolf started with a W right? Ah it was probably Kyle playing pranks, he has every class with me, so English fourth period was just a random class. I thought. Kyle was going to get it. I thought before I slapped the note on the bedside table and turned around to go back to sleep. Only to find the blood gone the next morning.

A few uneventful days past where only my mom and the teacher that had helped me visited. Which gave me a lot of time to make up a plan of revenge for Kyle. My mind filled with wondrous  horror but almost all my ideas went too far.