SURGERY

JI EUN
-2033 | at the hospital-
"Mom, uncle Jimin and I will wait for you!" Jaewon said.
"Yeah, you don't have to worry. Everything will go smoothly." Jimin said assuringly making Ji Eun nod.
"Jaewon, eomma will be back soon. In the meantime stay with Jimin. Whatever he says goes." she said.
"Yeah, I know mom. You know that I always listen to da- uhm, uncle." Jaewon said and Jimin turned to look at him.
"I love you, sweety." Ji Eun said and hugged him tightly.
"I love you too, eomma." Jaewon said. Ji Eun kissed him before she had to go under surgery.

JIMIN
"You miss your dad, right?" Jimin asked him as they were eating lunch at the cafeteria of the hospital while waiting for Ji Eun.
"Maybe, maybe not." now ten year old Jaewon said after he swallowed his food.
"Why's that?" Jimin asked him out of curiousity.
"I like you more.. appa, isn't here and he didn't spend much time with me anyway .. I'm 15 now and appa probably forgot about me by now.", Jaewon said matter of fact.
That took me by surprise. I knew that hyung was always working but that Jaewon would say something like that.. that really got me.

"But you would like to see your father again, right?" Jimin asked the younger before he took another bite of his meal.
"Yes, that's true. I guess.." Jaewon said and  Jimin only nodded in return.

JAEWON
I want to meet him again to tell him that he hurts my mom..
That day will come, where I tell him how well we were doing without him. I don't care if I'll see him now or when I'm a grown up already.. but I'd prefer to tell him when I'm older. That way he has never really seen me grow up, he never really did anyway. I don't really remember much of my father anyway.

JIMIN
After the surgery the doctor had told them to wait outside. He also informed them about the surgery being a success. Now they only needed to wait for Ji Eun to wake up and recover. Later  on, a nurse came to tell them that she was awake and that they were finally able visit Ji Eun after her surgery.

"Eomma!!" Jaewon yelled as they entered the room.
"Jaewon?" she said smiling at him.
"Mom, how do you feel? Are you okay? Did it hurt? Are you in pain." Jaewon bombarded her with questions while Jimin was standing behind Jaewon looking at Ji Eun who's eyes were covered with bandages.
"I feel alright, I felt better before but I'm okay. It didn't hurt and I'm not in pain. Don't worry, sweety." Ji Eun said but looking at her bedside table Jimin saw that she got some painkillers.
You are in pain, aren't you. And yet, you seem so strong and completely fine in front of your son. You've become a great mother to Jaewon.

"Hey, Ji Eun. Jaewon did behave as usual and we have already ate lunch together. Jaewon even bought you something." Jimin said greeting her with his voice as he walked up to her to hold her hand.
"Don't tell mom! She should look for herself!" Jaewon grinned.

Soon, the doctor entered the room to check up on the patient.

"Your mother won't be able to see what you got for her." the doctor pointed out as he heard the conversation while entering the room. Jaewon looked at her worried after he heard that.
"Well, not until she gets the eye-patches removed." the doctor said.
"When will that be doctor?" Jaewon asked.
"How long does she have to wear them?" Jimin asked as well.
"It will only take a few days till we get to remove them." he said while Ji Eun nodded.
"Is mom allowed to go back home with us?" Jaewon asked the doctor.
"I apologize. Your mother needs to stay for the night but I think we can release her tomorrow morning if everything's alright." the doctor said.
"Oh, okay.", Jaewon said.
"Mr Park, may I talk to you for a second?" doctor Hoffmann asked.
"Sure. Let's talk outside?" Jimin suggested.
"Yes. Jaewon, take care of your mother while we're outside." the doctor said smiling at him as Jaewon nodded standing next to his mother's bed.

-outside of Ji Eun's room-
"What is it, doctor?" Jimin asked.
"Ji Eun's condition is stable but we still have to let her stay here overnight just in case anything changes. She will be able to see again but she has to be careful during the time she's at home. Once we meet again in I'd say three to four day. We'll see.", the doctor said.
"Thank goodness. I almost thought you were about to tell me any bad news. Is there something she's not allowed to take or do exactly?" Jimin asked.
"She can eat everything really. If she feels any pain, like very bad ones she can take the painkillers. She should be careful if she's showering but other than that I think that's about it." he said as Jimin was listening carefully nodding as a response.
"Well, if something wrong's happening just call me or the hospital. I have to go now. Take care!" the doctor said.
"Thanks you, doctor Hoffman for everything so far." Jimin said as they were shaking hands before he left. Jimin walked back inside and saw that Jaewon was taking a nap next to Ji Eun on her bed.

"Jimin?" she asked whispering as he was closing the door behind him.
"Yupp?" he said taking a seat on the couch next to her bed.
"Did the doctor say anything?" she asked quietly a bit concerned.
Jimin informed her about all the information he received from the doctor making her sigh.
"That's a relief. I can't wait to see again. I'll finally get to see my baby boy for the first time." she smiled caressing her son sleeping next to her.
"Hey, well, he won't look like a baby anymore but yeah.. What about me though?" Jimin said acting jealous.
"Of course I want to see you. I don't know how anything looks like anymore, I don't even remember how you looked like Jimin! I wonder if we've aged a lot.I wonder if you got chubby.. because your shoulder is really comfortable to lean on but at the same time you seem to be very fit and muscular too.." she chuckled thinking about it.
"Yah!" Jimin complained raising his voice.
"Keep it down! Jaewon's sleeping." Ji Eun scolded hissing at him.
"Yah. I'm not chubby! I actually have abs, just to let you know." he said proudly.
"As if, the last time I remember, you were a little chubby. Just a little bit." she said chuckling.
"Yah! Park Ji Eun. I lost weight. Now, I look jacked. I can't wait to see your reaction already." he defended himself.
"Calm down, that's just what I picture you like but sure. I can't wait to see you again, Park Jimin." she said smiling.
"You'll see. You might as well fall in love with my looks and talents." he said joking.
"As if, I have a boyfriend." she said starting to bite her lower lip.
"I know, you don't have to rub it into my face." he said.
"You'll find yourself a girlfriend. I'm sure of that." Ji Eun assured him.
"I hope so, I don't wanna stay lonely. I mean I still want to have my own three boys." he sighed thinking about the three children he always wanted to have.
"Wow, chill. Jimin take it slow." she said chuckling.
"What do you mean take it slow. I can't wait to have kids. Jaewon is great. I want a son like him too." Jimin said looking at him.
"One day, Jimin. One day. But he's only great because he had you as a father figure, you know.." she said really meaning it.

Now don't think that I like Ji Eun, no! Not at all! She's just like a sister to me. I care for her like she's a part of my family. I mean.. she's a Park and so am I even though we're not related and yet I feel like she's part of my family now and so is Jaewon. I treat her like the sister I never had. And Jaewon? He's amazing and a very smart kid. I just love them so much.