BULLY

JI EUN
After that night Ji Eun felt much better. She started to look forward to what the future had planned fror them and only looked for the positive things in life.
Jaewon was growing up way too fast and being blind didn't really help at all.

-2025| in the morning-
One day Ji Eun and Jimin had been talking to each other as they were taking a walk after Jimin had brought her son to school a few hours ago. Ji Eun was holding Jimin by his arm since she had left her dog by her parents back in Seoul.

"The weather feels nice." Ji Eun said.
"Right? Perfect for a walk and do you know what's even more exciting?" Jimin said looking forward.
"No?" she asked.
"I'm taking a break for a whole week." Jimin said when someone was appoaching the two .
"How come?" Ji Eun asked.
"I've been filling in for someone last week and a week off work in return. So yeah.." he answered before he looked at the person.

"Oh! You're Jaewon's father? Right?" a female voice approached them.
"Oh, uhm. Do I know you?" Jimin asked as Ji Eun was holding onto his arm tighter.
"Oh, I'm Kristin Meier. Julian's mother. We met each other the other day, remember?" she said and Ji Eun could feel that they both shook their hands after Jimin introduced himself. Ji Eun wasn't sure if she also wanted to shake her hand.
This is so embarrassing.

"Well, uhm. Is that your girlfriend, or wife maybe?" the female asked.
"Huh? No, no. That's Jaewon's mother." Jimin said nicely while Ji Eun was only thinking about wanting to leave already. Ji Eun had a feeling that the female was no good.
"So, that's the mother! Nice to meet you, miss." the lady said smiling.
"Okay, no handshake then..." she said making Ji Eun bow down trying to make her think that she didn't understand her. She couldn't really tell what was going on and after hearing that comment she at least wanted to be polite and bow down.
"지민-ah, 가자.. (Jimin, let's go..)" Ji Eun said.
"What did she say?" the lady asked curious assuming Ji Eun was talking about her.
"We have to go now, otherwise we'll be late. It was nice talking to you Mrs Meier." Jimin said politely and bowed down lightly before she nodded and walked away completely. And just as she thought it was over Ji Eun was able to hear her say "So, that's the blind mother.."

Is that what they called her? What they call Jaewon's mother? She was shocked and felt bad for her baby.
"Jimin, did you hear her?" Ji Eun asked upset.
"Who?" Jimin asked looking at her.
"The lady.." she quietly said.
"No, why? What did she say?" he asked wondering why Ji Eun seemed to be sad.
"Oh, so, that's the blind mom. That's what she said. Can believe that!?" she asked overthinking it all.
"Ji Eun, calm down. Just ignore it. We'll go watch a movie now. Then we'll pick up Jaewon from school." Jimin said making her sigh and not at him.

Later after they went to the cinema together it was time to pick up Jaewon but unfortunately had to deal with more negative comments onc they were waiting for their little man.

After staying here for several years now she got herself an audiobook for learning german and from what she was able to understand, they were talking about her and listening closer to their conversation she recognize one of the voices talking.
That lady, doesn't she have anything better to do? How old are they, four?

CHATTER
"Mr Park, deserves better.."

"Right, look at her. Her clothes don't even match! I'd never wear that!"

"Jaewon, looks more like his father."

"She  doesn't even look cute.. Why is he in a relationship with her?"

"But their son looks very handsome, gotta admit that."

They all communicated in german.
And I thought that those adult cliques only existed on tv series and movies. Guess I was wrong.

"Jaewon-ah, did you say bye to your friends?" Jimin asked as the now seven year old little man ran up to them giving them both a warm hug.
"Mhmm." Jaewon responded.

"Hey! Jackie Chan!" a young boy yelled teasing him.
"It's Jaewon!" Jaewon defended himself.
"Did you just corrected me! Who told you to do that! You don't have the right to correct me!" the kid getting angry
"Why! Leave me alone!" Jaewon yelled back at the kid.
"Because that's not your father and your mom's blind!" the kid said smirking.

My heart broke. Was my own son getting bullied? Because of his parents? I tried my best holding my tears back to let Jaewon know that I'm stronger. And that it doesn't affect me.
"Let's go.", I said.

"Jaewon! I'm sorry about what my brother said! See you tomorrow!", another kid said.
"Bye Christian!", Jaewon said.

So that must be a friend of Jaewon. But the brother was the bully. How am I supposed to protect my son from things like these to happen? And how did they know?

Later that night I was still awake while Jaewon was already in bed. Jimin was finishing some work in his room when he then accompanied me later on. I was all crawled up and was listening to a movie playing on the tv.
"Hey, still up?", Jimin asked.
"Mhm.", I sighed.
"You look down, what's up?", he asked and I leaned my head on his shoulder. I was glad that he was there. Otherwise I would know how to go through this.
"I want to see. I'd do anything to see again.", I said and a tear escaped my eye.
"Ji Eun, is it because of the moms from Jaewon's kindergarten?", he asked me.
"I don't want my son to get bullied because of me. Because of the situation we're in.", I responded.
"Well, I guess we could go see a doctor and ask if there's something. I mean the doctor's here are different than the ones in Seoul.", Jimin said.
"Do you think they can help me?", I asked.
"I can't promise you that, but it's worth trying?", he said and I nodded. Seven days later we had an appointment at an oculist. Then had another appointment a week later.

"So, ms Park. You remember what I told you the last time."

"Yes doctor."

"Good. Well, are you sure about this? This is a huge decision, you're making"

"I know, but I still want to try. I have nothing to loose about this one."

"Alright then. If you're a hundred percent sure, we're going to see eachother next month."

"Thanks doctor"