The Werewolf In My English Class

Start from the beginning

A loud bang next to me made me sent my homework flying through the classroom. I was angry. I didn’t have to look to know the person next to me was angry as well. Kyle. I thought with hatered. When he saw the look on my face his expression lightened and he started picking up my homework.

“Jenn why did you walk away, I just wanted to talk to you.”  He said in a slightly angry tone as he handed me the papers. I grabbed them and started sorting them ignoring him again. “Jenn?”

Ignore…..

“Jenn!” He said as he touched my shoulder. I pulled away with such force I banged into the wall behind me and hurt my head, badly. Kyle stared at me in shock. I hardly noticed the pain because the only thing in my mind was anger.

“Jenn are you alright? I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” He said obviously worried. And I don’t know where it came from but somehow I found the right words to say.

“Go away.” I told him and I felt tears rolling down my cheeks. Everyone in the classroom was shocked that I had spoken though I swore it was only a soft whisper. The teacher jumped up from his chair and made his way over.

“Kyle, I think it’s best if you sit somewhere else and Jennifer, you can go to the nurse or the restroom if you want.” He said while looking at me. I nodded, only now feeling the pain. I got up slowly grabbed my things handed the teacher the homework and left. I didn’t care I was still crying I just kept walking. I made my way over to the nurses office on the way someone banged into me and threw me on the floor making my head hurt even more.

“Are you alright?” I heard a male voice with an English accent say, I looked up to see a boy whom I had never met before. He saw the tears on  my face and considered the question answered. He held out his hand for me to take but I got up on my own. He tried to help me but I hit his hand away. The tears blurred my vision and I couldn’t see him properly, only that his hair was brown and his shirt was blue. I saw he was staring at my face and I didn’t like it so I walked off.

“Wait!” He said but I ignored him, behind me I heard Thom say: “Don’t bother, that’s Jennifer, she is scared easily so we leave her alone, orders of the boss.”

Now that explained a few things. Kyle had been the one protecting me from the start, I might have been too harsh on him, I decided I would send him a letter that I would put in his locker. The nurse welcomed me, she already knew me, I’ve had accidents before so I knew her a bit, we never spoke since she like the silence just like I did, which made me like her even more. she examined my head after I had pointed at it nodded and brought me an ice pack. I positioned it on my head before lying down and getting a pen and paper out of my bag.

‘Kyle,

I’m sorry I overreacted, next time I’ll listen.

Jennifer’

That seemed sufficient. I thought and folded the letter before tucking it in to my pocket. I closed my eyes and before I knew it I drifted off to sleep.

“Jennifer Marlow.” I heard an impatient voice say. I opened my eyes to see my literature teacher standing there and I realized I had missed his class and I was in trouble.

“Detention.” He said before he walked out of the nurses office. I turned my head, my neck was stiff but I completely froze when I saw Kyle sitting next to me.

“Good morning.” He said. “ Listen I wanted to apologize I never wanted you to get detention or anything…” He said and I remembered the note I looked away to look for it.

“Jenn please don’t turn away.” He said and sounded sad I raised my finger gesturing he had to wait for a moment. I remembered I put it in my pocket and got it out I handed it to him. I watched him as he read it and I saw a huge smile appear on his face. “Are you serious?” He asked and I paused for a moment and then nodded. Kyle jumped up and tried to hug me but I stopped him and shook my head.