Chapter 7.

Ava.

"So who told you about this place," I asked, my mom as we drove to a trap that we found. Since we got with that connect about a month in a half ago we been rolling in good with money and merchandise.

"Nobody, I was snooping around and found it myself," She shrugged, I nodded my head and leaned back in the seat watching as we passed the scenery. The place we was storing our stuff at was far out which was a good and bad thing.

"Do you think this a good idea," I questioned, she looked over at me and nodded.

"I hired somebody to patrol the area since we can't," My mom explained continuing driving to the destination. I nodded my head and scrolled through Instagram liking pictures of makeup tutorials.

Once we got to the place we drove on the grass to the back of the house with the trunk facing towards the back door. My mom popped the trunk open and got out the car and unlocked the backdoor. I seen a dark skin guy walk out, I'm guessing he's the guard for the house.

I got out the car and walked to the trunk grabbing 2 bags along with the guard. I walked to the door about to open it but he grabbed it for me. He had a smirk on his face as he held the door open for me.

Once he walked in behind me he got in front of me showing me the places where we was going to put the money. He walked into a bedroom and lifted up the floorboards showcasing the already two bags that were in there from when my mom brought them in. We threw the bags in there and walked back out to the car.

"I just want to thank you and your mother for trusting me to do this," The guy said quietly. He looked around my age and like he was just doing anything to get by which was sad.

"No problem, but just don't cross us." I said sternly looking him into his eyes. I could tell that my mom already put fear into his heart and wasn't playing no games about her money.

"What's your name," I asked, glancing at him grabbing three bags this time walking back into the house with him behind me.

"Jaleel," He replied, I nodded my head and continued walking. "Surprised you didn't make a joke," He laughed.

"What you mean," I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Usually people call me Steve Urkel, because the actor name is Jaleel White," He explained, and I laughed lightly shaking my head.

"I never even knew that. But that might be a nickname for you," I smirked. He glared at me and shook his head causing me to laugh. I didn't care what he said I was still going to call him that.

We took two more trips bringing the bags in while my mom was taking a phone call. Once we were done Jaleel went and sat on the hardwood floor playing Kendrick Lamar out loud but low enough so he could still hear.

It's sad that me and him was being deprived from life just to help make things better for our family or ourselves. We said our goodbyes and walked to the car and got in. She pulled out the backyard and to the driveway. I decided to ask her a question that I been wondering about for a while.

"Do you plan on to keep doing this," I asked, glancing over at her chewing on my bottom lip. She shrugged her shoulders and continued driving pulling out a cigarette.

"I'll keep doing it as long as I have to, to make sure things taken care of at home," She said, lighting her cigarette. I knew that was the best answer I was going to get so I decided to not push the subject.

Once we got home it was only 1 in the morning and I had to go to school in the morning since I haven't been in the past two weeks.

Hopefully, tomorrow would go by fast.