twnty svn ✌

Spencer woke up on a cold late January morning to no blankets and no heat. Shivering, she pulled on the robe she kept near the bed, even before she attempted to extricate Dan from his cocoon.

"Hey, asshole. Wake up."

He mumbled, rolling over and beginning to snore. Spencer sighed loudly, slipping her feet into the adorable zebra print slippers she had. She walked down the hall and knocked loudly on the door to Kaydence's room.

A few moments later, a sleepy looking Phil answered to door, bed head game going strong. "What's going on?"

"The heat went out, and the asshole took all the blankets. Does Kay possibly have an electric blanket stashed in the closet with that dead body?" She leaned against the door frame, one of her hands going to rest on her barely there baby bump.

"I can check for you," he smiled, walking over to the closet and opening the door.

That was quite possibly the worst mistake he made that morning, because a bunch of random shit came flying out at him. A stuffed animal went right by his head, a box of broken action figures and collectibles landed dangerously close to his toes.

Kay sat straight up, rubbing her eyes. "What the hell is going on?!"

"Heat went out, Dan is an asshole blanket hog, and Phil opened up the closet." Spencer recapped, a yawn escaping from her mouth.

"Damn it." She sighed, rolling down the sleeves of her flannel pajama shirt. "Spence, need a few blankets until I go make a damn fire downstairs?"

Spencer nodded gratefully as Kaylie picked her way through the avalanche from her closet to pick up a pile of throw blankets. On her way out the door, she pushed the entire stack into Spencer's arms.

"Is it just me, or is she acting kinda weird?" Spencer questioned after she was sure her friend was out of earshot.

"She has been acting a bit different lately, but I don't know..." Phil shrugged, starting to shove junk back into the closet.

"I'm going to go downstairs and sit by the fire, you're welcome to come talk if you need to," she offered him a smile before taking her pile of blankets down the stairs with her.

In the living room, she threw the stack onto the couch before joining Kay on the floor by the fireplace. "Having problems?"

"Yeah, the fucking shit won't light," she growled, throwing yet another lit match into the fireplace. Only a moment passed before the flame flickered out.

Dejectedly, Kay rested her forehead against her knees. After a minute or two, she abruptly stood up and went towards the stairs. "If you want to, you can come with me to town. I am not dealing with this shit today."

---

An hour later, Kay and Spencer were in the mall, browsing all the stores.

They had already hit the normal stores, like Rue 21, Claire's, the book store, Game Stop. Then a sign caught their eyes.

Hot Topic.

Inside, it was like a nerd's paradise. Disney, Supernatural, superhero, anime, bands. There was merchandise everywhere.

Spencer went directly to the wall with Disney stuff, admiring the Jack Skellington dress on display.

Kaylie went for the back wall, which was covered in band shirts. Fall Out Boy, Twenty One Pilots, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Nirvana, Melanie Martinez, you name it, it was there.

About five minutes later, both girls had armloads of clothes and jewelry and posters. They paid for it, and with huge smiles, they moved on to the next store.