twnty ✌

Grace woke up on the morning of her birthday to Chris singing along with a recording of some random song.

"Good morning, sunshine!" He grinned cheerfully, picking up a black box with blood red ribbons on it. "And happy birthday!"

"You didn't have to get me anything," she protested, but picked up the gift and tore into it.

Inside was a picture frame, the word family emblazoned on the side. It had four different sections, one for mom, dad, baby, and family.

She felt tears running down her face, but they were happy tears. She remembered all the horror stories where the father of the baby didn't want anything to do with the mother or the kid, and honestly she had been waiting for Chris to just up and leave. But this, this was a little affirmation that he wouldn't be leaving her.

Chris sat down beside her and pulled her into a tight hug, resting his hand on her protruding stomach.

"Don't cry, babe," he whispered, kissing the top of her head. "We've got that ultrasound appointment in about an hour, so we should get ready to go."

----

Holly was nearly tearing her hair out. So many people had commented on a recent video of hers, asking if she was sick or something.

She had been feeling a bit sick, to be honest. She just didn't want to admit it. She hated being sick, the way people babied you.

The night before, they had all stayed at the house, watching anime and Jennifer Lawrence movies until they fell asleep. So she got up from her position on the couch and slipped into the computer room, getting on her old desktop to search up all the random symptoms she was experiencing. The results she found scared her to be honest.

She wasn't ready for that kind of responsibility. She was only twenty five, not ready to put her life on pause. Shakily, she deleted her search history just in case someone got on the computer.

She shut off the computer and pulled her knees up to her chin, hiding her face. Silent tears began rolling down her face, soon soaking through her thin pajama pants.

She sat there in silence for what seemed like hours, absentmindedly rubbing the tears across her face. She was startled out of her numb thoughts when someone gently tapped on her shoulder.

"Are you all right?" Spencer asked, sitting down on the floor in front of the chair.

Holly shook her head quickly, clenching shut her eyes to prevent any more tears from falling. "No. Not okay."

"Sis, you gotta tell me what's wrong or I can't help you." Spencer's voice was incredibly calming. . .

Holly shook her head again, hiding her face. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Do you need me to go get PJ?"

"No, I just need a hug," Holly swallowed the lump resting in her throat, reaching out for her friend.

Spencer hugged the girl tightly, gently patting her on the back in an attempt to calm her down. "Why are you crying?"

"I might be--" She couldn't get the words out, so she stopped and took a deep breath before continuing on. "I might be pregnant. . ."

Spencer's eyes went wide, but her smile was huge. "That's amazing news, hon, but are you sure?"

"No," Holly muttered miserably.

"I'm sure Grace has a test somewhere in her room, I'll go find one for you."

And then Holly was all alone again, her thoughts threatening to eat her alive.

----

PJ, Dan, Phil, and Kaydence were outside in the yard, setting up a very important thing.

"No, it needs to go here!" Kay sighed, moving the little box on the ground.

PJ nudged it in the other direction with his foot. "Actually, it should be here. Take it from the artist."

"I'm an artist too! Have you designed and animated your own game? I didn't think so!" Kay blurted out, before realizing what she said and slapping her hands over her mouth.

Phil and Dan both turned to look at her. "You made a game? When?" Phil asked, the inner fanchild coming out a bit.

"Over the last year...?" She muttered, face turning as pink as the bow in her hair.

The guys surrounded her, looking at her with confused expressions. "You've managed to keep this a secret for the entire time you've known us?" PJ said incredulously.

Her breath came in short bursts, claustrophobia setting in and screwing with her mind. "Y-yeah, got a p-problem with it?" She stuttered out, trying (and failing) to be intimidating.

"No, I just want to know more about it." Dan took a tiny half-step forward, but in her mind it seemed like a leap towards her.

Phil saw her hyperventilating, and quickly got the others to back up. "Listen to me, love. Take a deep breath, you're okay. I'm not going to let anything hurt you."

She took a shaky breath as she sat down on the ground and pulled her knees up to her chin. Phil sat down next to her and gently rubbed her back.

Dan and PJ stood back, watching the pair. "I didn't know her anxiety was this bad." PJ remarked.

"Well, not everyone tells the internet everything about themselves. Take Tyler Oakley for example. He was anorexic and bulimic." Dan crossed his arms over his chest, shrugging.

"I wonder what else they've been hiding..."

----

"Okay, check it!"

Taking a deep breath, Holly picked up the test stick. Her hands were shaking so much that she dropped it. It fell in the sink, and Spencer was the one to retrieve it.

"You look, I'll hold it."

A quick peek at the stick told Holly all she needed to know.

----

"Guess what, bitches!" Grace squealed as she ran into the yard after her appointment.

"What?"

"We're having a little boy!" Grace yelled, glancing at Chris. "And I hope he's just like his dad."