thrtn ✌

After Grace and Chris finally emerged from the bedroom, they heard laughter coming from the computer room.

Grace stepped into the room, looking at Spencer's massive computer monitor. "Are you guys really laughing over the Sims 4?"

Phil nodded, his pale face tinged red. "Dan hasn't played it. We made him and Spencer and me and Kaydence."

"Currently, Kay is hiding in embarrassment, I'm on the computer, Dan's playing piano, and Phil is baking a cake," Spencer giggled, clicking on each avatar in turn.

"Where's everyone else, you know, the real versions of them?" Chris asked, yawning.

"Holly and PJ are...indisposed at the moment, and Kay is sleeping after she apparently had a major meltdown." Dan answered, not looking away from the screen.

"Oh," shrugged Chris, looking down at Grace. "Babe, can you show me where the shower is?"

She nodded, grabbing his hand. "I might be back in here, probably not though."

Spencer giggled again, catching Grace's train of thought. "Okay. Just, y'know, use cation and all."

"Not everything is about sex with me, Spence. Slow your roll, girlie," Grace laughed, leaving with Chris.

The awkward silence stretched on for minutes, until Dan caught sight of something on the screen.

"Look!" He laughed, clicking on his Sim. "I seem to have set the kitchen on fire!"

"I think we should take a break," suggested Spencer.

Phil grinned, bumping her shoulder. "What other games do you guys have?"

"You name it, it's probably here somewhere."

"How about...Mortal Kombat?"

Spencer's eyes gleamed. "Y'all are going down."

--

The Mortal Kombat championship didn't end they way Spencer expected it to.

Honestly, she expected the guys to keel over easily, but that was not the case. Well, Dan was pretty easy to beat, but with his demands of a rematch, it took forever.

Phil, on the other hand, was actually pretty good at this. It amused Spencer to no end that he chose Sonya Blade as his character, which was also the one Kaydence was eternally choosing.

Spencer, as always, picked Kitana, her absolute favorite. When the match began, she skillfully pressed the buttons, never once doing the always embarrassing 'my finger slipped and I paused the game'.

Phil, however, was button bashing, the random moves making his character look like they were having a seizure.

He actually almost defeated her, but at the last second she came back and slaughtered him.

"Told ya you were going down," she smirked.

Before they could respond, the doorbell rang. Spencer jumped up and nearly tripped over the cord to the fan. As she went to the door, she hiked up her gray sweatpants and straightened the tank top she had on, quickly throwing her hair up in a hopefully presentable bun.

When she opened the door, there stood her mother, along with the black haired teen she called her brother.

"Hey, sweetie," her mom began, giving Spencer a hug. "I need you to watch Percy for a while."

Spencer sighed, reaching out and grabbing her brother's wrist. "Fine, just call me when I need to bring him home or whatnot."

"Alright, I will. Bye, dears." Before her mom turned around to leave she looked directly at the young boy. "Be nice to your sister, alright? Don't embarrass her."