nn✌

"Dear God, Grandpa is crazy, don't take his advice." Kaydence pleaded, wringing her hands.

"Why's Grandpa crazy and why shouldn't Phil take his advice?" Spencer asked, walking up with an armload of stuffed animals.

"Grandpa wants him to get rid of the guys' plane tickets so they won't have any and we have to take them home with us." Kay sighed, covering her eyes with her hands.

"Grandpa is a genius." Spencer remarked, placing a stuffed zebra in her pocket. "What would you do if I called in my favor to tell Phil to go through with it?"

"I would say--"

Kay was cut off by Phil's hand covering her mouth. "I would say that you don't need to, because her grandpa explained it to me. He said, "all those girls need some stability, and you young men are gonna try your hardest to be there for them". There was also curse words and violent threats, but I chose not to repeat them." Phil shrugged. "I'll do it, and Dan's going to help."

Dan walked up from behind a machine and threaded his arm around Spencer's waist. "Text messaging Phil when he's excited is a bit of a mess. Explain this plot the elder cooked up, please."

And so the plan was explained and developed by four young adults holding stuffed toys in the middle of a children's arcade.

--

As it was their last night before they all went their separate ways, Chris, Grace, PJ, and Holly all decided they were going to have a movie night. So, when Spencer, Dan, Phil, and Kaydence walked in, the remake of My Bloody Valentine was playing.

"I don't really like this movie," Kay mumbled softly, pulling the hoodie tighter around herself as the group went to stand beside Grace.

"I don't care, Jensen Ackles is in this. And, it's nice to see you four are back," muttered Grace. "Holly told me about your little stunt."

The four of them shared a scared glance, afraid that somehow, the plan had come unravelled.

"Spence and Dan are literally being reposted everywhere, and the fan edits are getting outrageous." Grace pulled up a picture that was clearly photoshopped, of Spencer kissing Johnny Depp on the cheek.

"I love it!" Spencer grinned. "That totally happened!"

Dan laughed. "Don't leave me for him!"

"She's not going to," Kay remarked dryly, sitting on the bed. "Phil, Dan, don't you still need to go pack?"

Dan almost said no, but the look he got from the three who were in on the plan was venomous. "Yep, come on, Phil, don't want to forget anything, do we?"

"Nope, not at all!" And with that, they walked out the door.

Not suspicious at all, right?

Spencer sat on the floor next to the couch, looking up at Grace. "So, are you gonna tell the fans about Chris?"

"I dunno. They'll invade his personal life, and I don't know if he's okay with it." She sighed, turning her eyes back to the screen. "End of discussion."

--

When the movie was over, Kaydence began dragging blankets and pillows towards the rest of the group. Grace and Chris were quietly talking, her head rested on his chest. PJ and Holly were laughing, making silly faces and taking selfies. Spencer was on her phone, texting Dan, presumably about finding the tickets.

A loud crash startled everyone in the room. Spencer looked around, seeing a massive pile of fabric on the floor. "What are you doing?!"

"I wanna make a pillow fort," answered Kay, digging herself out of the mountain of blankets.

"Alright, someone fucked up here and for once it wasn't me," Dan exclaimed as he opened the door. Phil looked around Dan, a laugh escaping his lips.

"If it ain't you, it's me," sighed Kay, crossing her arms.

"It's always you," called Grace and Holly.

"Someone else do this." Kay flopped face down onto the bed, clutching that stuffed lion close. "I'm fucking done."

"It's okay, we got this." Within minutes, the fort was built.

"Okay, seriously, screw you guys." Kay crossed her arms.

"You wish!" Grace shouted, laughing.

"I've got someone, you've got someone, it's only in the crazy fans's dreams that it would happen," Kay smiled as she got up and crawled into the fort.

From the outside, it looked like it would be cramped, but actually it was pretty roomy. Everyone had enough room to lie down and get comfortable.

"We should tell stories," Holly suggested, taking PJ's hand.

"I got one! It's one that only us girls know about so far!" Kay laughed.

"So, when we all first met, it was in art class at school. Mixed grade class, one of the only ones. When I was a freshman, Holly was a senior, Spencer was a junior, and Grace was a sophomore. The only reason I took that class was that my uncle wanted me to keep an eye on Holly."

PJ spoke up, laughter in his voice. "So Holly's a troublemaker?"

"Damn right, it's the redhead in her," Grace giggled.

"Anyway, it was the first day, and everyone else already knew each other from the year before. I didn't have a friend group to sit with, but Holly just slammed her books down on a table and scared away everyone. That is, except for Spence and Grace."

"Believe me, I was scared, miss hot head over there would scare anyone." Spencer added.

"And when we got to talking, we found out that we were all really similar, and then you couldn't separate us."

It was quiet for a moment, before Dan spoke up. "Phil fell down the steps at our flat."

"Don't tell them that!" Phil squealed, covering his face.

And that's when the stories got embarrassing.