svntn ✌

"We have to at least film a video telling everyone why our collab channel is over," Spencer reasoned, a sigh escaping her lips as she glanced over her three friends.

Kaydence and Holly still refused to speak to each other. Grace was acting rather strange, not speaking as much and looking nervous whenever someone look directly at her. And Spencer herself was beginning to pick up some odd vibes from Dan.

It had been around four months since the fight, and Holly had yet to find an apartment for the four of them. As Christmas Day was crawling closer and closer, the fans were avidly pestering them for a update as a present.

"Let's get it over with," Holly sighed.

---

The video started out with their channel logo and the hideously upbeat jingle that they had picked out back when they started.

The scene cut to the group, all with solemn faces. Spencer was at the front of the group, Holly on the left, Grace on the right, and Kay right behind.

Her eyes were red, her voice was shaky. "Hey, guys. This isn't truly a new video."

A jump cut led to everyone shifting one seat counter-clockwise, so Holly was up front. "We just wanted to tell you guys a few things."

Kay's turn, and she was fighting back tears. "We think this channel is p-pretty much ov-ver with."

Grace. "Hol and I are moving out with our boyfriends to start a new chapter in our lives."

Spencer again. "It's been harder and harder to find free time for all of us to film for this channel."

Holly. "I just want to tell you that each and every one of you holds a special place in my heart."

By this time, Kay was crying softly, wiping her face on her shirt. "You guys know my aversion to change, but this is for the best, I swear."

Grace. "We're still making videos, just not all together on this channel."

Back to Spencer. "I'm so sorry, guys. I know how much this channel meant to you."

Forming hearts with their hands, they chorused out the same phrase as always. "We love you!"

This time, it was marred by tears and frowns, rather than laughter and smiles.

Spencer reached for the camera, and the screen went black.

--

Grace was nervous. Five minutes ticked down on her timer. Five minutes til her fate was told.

She sat on the edge of the tub and thought about her life. If this turned out to be true, she hoped to hell she could turn her life into something better.

Four minutes.

Thought about Chris. He was a sweetheart. Understanding everything about her, never making her feel stupid.

Three.

Her friends. God, ever since sophomore year, the girls had been there. Holly was their tough senior bodyguard. Spencer was the junior introvert smartypants. Grace herself was the snarky sophomore troublemaker. Kaydence was the innocent freshman newbie.

Two.

Family. Fucked up. Her dad was a dick, mom was an idiot for staying with him. Drug addled brothers, no sisters at all.

One.

Herself. At twenty two, she didn't know if she could support her life with the YouTube job alone. Chris was there, of course, and she knew he'd find a job if they needed.