V

A598 Road, London – Towards Barnet

Speeding along the road, Peggy could only see the streetlights flash past her in a blur. Her mind was racing; she had no real plan and was almost certainly out of her depth. Keeping her eyes on the road, Peggy reached around for her phone, calling Charlie as she placed it next to her on speaker.

"Yello, Charlie Quinn speaking, how may I be of assistance?" His voice sounded as cheery and chirpy as ever.

"Charlie, it's me," Peggy said, "I need your help."

A chuckle came down the other end of the line. "What is it? A foot massage? Someone to wine and dine you this evening?"

Despite the joke, Peggy remained straight faced. "I'm serious, Charlie. It's about Eugene and the Purple Vice kid!"

At first, Charlie didn't speak for a few moments, but Peggy knew the atmosphere had changed. "What do you need?" His voice now cold and serious.

Peggy quickly ran through her meeting with Frank, leaving out the details about Ella Harkness. "I need you, Mike, Scarlett...anyone you can get to head over to the safe house where the kid is. Eugene wants this kid bad so expect a fight."

"I'm on it. What about you?"

She wanted to tell Charlie so bad about Ella Harkness. She knew what she was doing was dangerous and outright stupid, but something compelled Peggy to do this alone. As she thought about Nick's pistol in her waistband, she knew the others wouldn't let her go through with her plan. She was going to kill Eugene. "I'm on my way too. I'll meet you guys there shortly."

Peggy hung up, taking the exit as she entered Barnet and headed towards the Harkness house. They lived in a relatively private area so the chances of the police or anyone else turning up to interfere were slim. Thinking about the danger of what lay ahead, Peggy wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad thing after all. 

Continued in Part 6...

*If you've enjoyed this part we'd really appreciate it if you could leave a comment below with some feedback.