Chapter Eight

Hey brownies! It's been WAY too long. I am having writers block. I told him that he couldn't stay in my house, but he just came anyway. I've told him to get lost, but then he sits on my couch and makes a mess. He is still here, but he is clearing up the mess he made just a little bit. The picture above is an excerpt from one of my other fanfics: 'The Voyage Of Ones Deepest Desires'. That is also a fairy tail fanfic, and it has NaLu, but mainly focuses on Fairy Tail as a whole. Enough with the promoting, you probably want to read. So! Without further ado! Le Chapitre..(French BTW)

~xXx~

Over the next few days, Natsu came downstairs looking tired. He hung out with our group a lot and we all got to know each other. I still think that I should go to mother about him sneaking out, but I had the feeling inside, a curiosity sparking up every time I looked at him. Why do I have this feeling? Why do I have such a strong pull, such an urge to know everything about him, to be close to him? It was probably nothing. It was strange to see him, waiting tables, and with a blue cat around his shoulders. It fascinated the customers though. I still think that there is something off about him, still think that black hair doesn't quite suit his personality. I felt that if anything, it should be a bright shade. That would match him more. I've asked Erza if she thought there was anything off about him. She just shrugged and said things like: 'Maybe there is, we just met him after all.' Which doesn't help my problem whatsoever.

It had been an week since we took him in. I still felt like I didn't know all that much about him. While I'm almost positive he knows everything about all of us in our group. He said he was going to help us on our mission to discover everything about our mysterious prince, but frankly, he only manages to make things more difficult. I felt bad for him, him being such a klutz must be hard. He does his best though. The extent of my knowledge was brief however, when it came to his special abilities. I know that he can sing, I experienced that first hand, I know that he's clumsy and childish. I know that he has a cat. I racked my brain to find anything else on him. The tiniest detail that might hint to what he's good at. I finally gave up, and a wave of guilt swept over me. I sulked in the table I was currently resting in, my shift being taken over by Juvia.

"cy..ucy..LUCY!" A shout snapped me from my world of confusion and private thoughts.

"Huh?" I mumbled. I looked up and saw Natsu, snapping his fingers In front of my face. Add snapping to list of abilities. I mentally noted. "What?"

"It's time for your shift." He said, in a 'duh' tone of voice. "I'm done working for today, so if you need me, I'll be in my room."

"O-okay." I stuttered. I lifted myself off the chair. Natsu had his back turned and was heading upstairs. I stared as he walked away. Something had caught my eye. I squinted, straining my vision to see what it was. My eyesight finally failed me, as he disappeared into the room where the stairs were located. I shook my head to clear my head. Erza was sitting at a table, having dinner most likely. Red hair shimmering. I strode over to her at a brisk pace. Finally reaching her, she looked up in delighted surprise.

"Hello Lucy! What is it you need?" She exclaimed.

"Oh nothing, just wanted to come see a friend!" I replied.

She nodded and took a small bite out of the meal before her.

"Say Erza?"

"Hm?"

"Something's up with Natsu." I said.

She gave me a confused look then replied: "How do you mean? He seems perfectly fine during business hours, which is the only time I actually see him, but why would he change when he's not working?"

"I don't know exactly what's wrong. But when he's around, I can't help but feel like his whole character is off." I explained.

"Hm."

At that moment, Natsu walked out of the door, which was very near to us, seeing how Erza had chosen a table at the back of the bistro. He had only come to grab something from the room. Then the thing from before caught my eye. It looked like something in his hair. Something that seemed like it was supposed to be there, but he wanted to hide. I saw on the back of his head, a splotch of pink. I nudged Erza and gesture to it. Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"Lucy, I think your instinct might be true." She finally said.

"Well, there's more..."

"What?"

"He always sneaks out every night. I haven't confronted him or told my mother, because, I can't help but want to know where he's going first." I explained.

"Understandable. But what if he is participating in any illegal doings?" She inquired.

"Hm... Erza? How would you like to sleep over at my place? I think it's time we figured out where exactly he's going."

.

.

.

Hey Guys... I know that this is long overdue and it's a bit short. But as you might of saw in the A/N above... I have some writers block. I wanted to give you guys something so I compiled this together. I think after this chapter I can finally get moving on this story. But I also have about...3? Other stories, so I might not update so frequently. If you want to check out my other stories...well you know where to find them. I have an original book! A story that is all my own! So if you would like to check that out it would mean a lot! It's called 'The Dragon's Soul' so yeah! I bid you all adieu, ByeBye Brownies!

Your Official Nut...Meg!

Word count: 1039