Chapter Six

Before we start... AHHHHHH I have my first play today and I'm really nervous! Ahem* this chapter will be continuing in Natsu's POV. I would like to stick with alternating perspectives to keep it evenly both Natsu's AND Lucy's story... But sometimes I will have to keep a certain perspective for more than one chapter at a time *cough* Mostly Natsu's story *cough* what? anyway on to the story! -->

~xXx~

I continued to stare at my younger self in the picture. I finally heaved a sigh, deciding I had moped around for long enough. A nock came from my door, and I turned to see Lucy in the doorway with a small pile of folded clothes. I put up a fake smile to hide the pain I was feeling moments ago and that still lingered. I had stowed my scarf and picture back into my little bag.

"Hey," the blonde greeted, "My mother wanted you to have these clothes." she gestured to the pile of clothes in her arms. "Since you will be starting here, she wanted you to have something nice to wear." she deposited the clothes on the bed and retreated back to the bistro after calling one more time. "Also, mother wants you downstairs to work as soon as you can!"

After she left, I examined the clothes. They weren't shabby, in fact they were quite nice. I picked out a black shirt with sleeves that I rolled up to my elbow. I wore white trousers that were a little dingy and looked more grey. I had ditched the dark and ominous looking cloak, and piled it with my bag on the bed. I looked at the bag, brooding over whether or not I should wear my dad's old scarf. I decided against it, knowing something about it in my appearance would give me away. Instead I put on a tattered looking red scarf, and some work boots. Happy jumped up on my shoulder and perched there, eventually curling himself around my neck, nuzzling the scarf. I felt like I could still hear my mother's laugh ringing in my ears. I could still hear Wendy's giggle. That's when I realized, Wendy's giggle sounded more mature than when I last heard it, three years ago. After quickly checked that my hair was still the ebony color, I scrambled down the stairs towards the source of laughter. It was growing louder with every step. I haven't seen her in three years, I kept thinking to myself. I had to calm myself down. I knew it was them, I could never forget those voices of my mother and little sister, but I couldn't blow my cover. I had to calm down. I took a deep breath, after holding it for about three seconds, I exhaled. My heart, which was pounding uncontrollably, slowed it's pace once more. I felt butterflies swirling in my stomach. Through that door, in that bistro, was my family. I pushed through the door, only to stop in my tracks when I saw my sister. She was twelve years old now, and she was beautiful, like a princess should be. Her hair, which was only a slightly darker blue than my mother's, was up in two long pigtails. Her light brown eyes sparkled. She was wearing a knee-length, dark green dress and little blue flats. She was with my mother, who was wearing a long white dress, her dark brown eyes were anxious, she was looking for someone. Her eyes were scanning the room, until they found mine and locked onto me. I knew she recognized me, she had stopped looking around the room. She was looking for me.

She was sitting in one of the tables, Lucy and her mother were with them, excitedly talking in star-struck awe. My mother dipped her head, almost unnoticed, in a slight gesture for me to come nearer. I happily and causiously obliged, moving towards my mother, who I saw was tearing a little, but not enough to be noticed by the enthusiastic hosts. As I reached my mother and sister, my words caught in my throat, when I tried to muster up a greeting. Wendy was gaping a little at my appearance and my mother was almost on the verge spilling a waterfall of tears. Lucy had noticed my presence and quickly yanked my arm down to sit with her and her mother and talk with the Princess and Queen. Excitement was evident in the young blonde's joyous eyes. After all, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to look upon or speak to royalty, and here they were sitting in their small bistro. I was quite positive that they were ignorant of the reason behind the royal's unexpected visit though. Lucy, still having no idea of the relationship between the Queen, Princess, and I, had pulled me into the conversation.