Chapter Two

"LUCY LUCKY HEARTFILLIA! GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!" I heard my mother bellow my name from below. I dragged myself out of the comfort and warmth of my bed and many quilts. My feet touched the cold, hardwood floors and I winced a little. I trudged down the steps to the small room that hid the stairs from the bistro it led to.

"Yes mother?" I yawned sleepily.

"Really Lucy! You ought to be dressed and AWAKE! You need to start waking up earlier to help out with the bistro! Now, I need you to get dressed and go to the marketplace. We're running low on supplies." she said briskly. Then she smiled and said, "You can take Levy with you."

I brightened immediately. I hugged my mother and ran up the stairs to the door on the right side of the extremely narrow hallway. Once inside, I put on a simple dark green dress with brown laces around the torso. I scrambled back down the stairs. My mother was busy and I saw that she had put a basket on the small table with a list of ingredients.

To get at market:

bread

flour

milk

eggs

apples, pears, oranges

tea

rum, whiskey (for our enthusiastic guests)

I open the door to the quaint bistro and scanned my familiar surroundings. The door I had came through resided next to the bar in which people used mostly during the evenings. I looked over to see a long white haired woman wiping off spills and food residue. She looked up at me and her blue eyes brightened.

"Good morning sleepy!" she said cheerfully.

"Morning Mira!" I replied.

On the opposite side of the bar, which stretched across the room, was another door which led to the kitchen. I heard our two chefs, Jet and Droy, arguing once again. The rest of the bistro was fairly small. There were tables spread throughout the room, with a few customers laughing, chatting and enjoying a late breakfast before heading out for the day. I spotted the bluenette I was searching for, wearing an orange headband to keep the hair out of her face and a matching dress. She was wiping down a table in the center of the room with her usual small smile.

"Hey Levy!" I called as she looked up. "Come to the market with me?"

"I don't know Lu, is it okay with your mother?"

"Yeah! she told me I could take you along to help!"

Levy's face brightened with a radiant smile. No wonder Jet and Droy like her so much!

"Nice! A break before it's even lunch, and I get to hang out with my bestie! Hey Juvia, can you cover my shift while I'm away?" she asks the dark blue haired girl, currently filling a customer's drink.

"Juvia can manage! You go!" She replies. Levy throws down the dirt filled rag gratefully. She grabs my hand and pulls me through the door. I look back for a moment to see the sign of my mother's bistro.

Love and Lucky.

I smiled and we ran out into the bustling streets of the town.

Once we had reached the marketplace, we slowed our pace. It was crowded with people trying to find their needs.

"Okay, first on the list is.." I started, but then Levy snatched the list out of my hand and read. "Bread and flour!"

"Then we are headed to the bakery! Ooh! That means we get to see Lisanna!" I exclaimed.