The Potion

James POV
I went down to Professor Slughorn's office. I knocked on his door, and he opened and smiled when he saw me. "James m'boy, come in!"

       I walked in and sat down on a comfy chair. Slughorn walked behind his desk. "So James, why'd you come down to my office?"

       I leaned forward. "Proffesor Slughorn sir, I need a few ingredients for a potion. I couldn't get ahold of them myself and I wanted to know if I can borrow them."

He narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "Can I please see the list?"

     I handed him the list nervously. He looked over it over and over again,  muttering to himself. "Well there seems to be no harm in giving you the ingredients. Whatever potion your making isn't a real one anyway. All those ingredients mixed together will do nothing. Well, maybe it would do something if I could give you the last ingredient but unfortunately I don't have it."
       "It's ok Proffesor,  you've done more than enough. Thank you, this is the best news I've had in a while."

He gave me all the ingredients in a basket and I headed upstairs. On my way up I bumped into Snape. His oily face was buried in a book, and he bumped into me.

He lifted his head up. "I'm sorr - oh it's you Potter."

  "I feel so bad for that poor book. Your face was so close to it the pages are probably covered in grease." I snarled at him."

"I feel so bad for everyone you screwed over or, you know, you tried to kill." He snarled back at me.

"Excuse me I did not try to kill you. I saved your life and I'm sorry if your greasy little a$$ doesn't want to admit it, but it's the truth."

He glared at me and started to walk away. I had to get the last laugh, and I was so pissed so I tripped him while he was walking down. He flew down the stairs and grabbed the basket I was holding onto and pulled it down with him. Seeing all the ingredients shattered on the floor, I burst into tears. I sobbed and buried my face in my hands. 

            Snivellus started walking up the stairs. "What were those ingredients for Potter, planning on poisoning someone?"

                   I snapped. "They were for Lily, she's in love with Damon and she's possessed, he controls her, I don't know how it happened, but it did and now I've lost the love of my life. I need that potion to help fix her." 

               He took a cautious step forward. "I'm going to help you. I'm the best at Potions, well Lily and I are the best and I can help you regather all the ingredients. I still hate you, I would be doing it for Lily. 

             "Why should I trust you?"

''When it comes to Lily you can trust me. Please let me help, she needs to get better."

I looked at his earnest expression and sighed. "Fine, you can help, but be civil to my friends. I'll give you the list of ingredients now; you go look for them while I go tell everyone you'll be helping. I'll join you after to help you look."

I handed him the list. "Thank you, I know you're doing this for Lily, but still thank you so much. "

"No problem Potter."

As I walked away I worried about the reaction of Sirius, Alice, and Marlene, because honestly, at least one of them is going to try to castrate me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just a filler chapter, nothing is actually happening, the drama will start next. Sorry for the long wait and the shortness. Summers coming soon so I'll have 8 long weeks to finish before we go back to school. Please check out my other book The Assassin's Secret. 

                                                                                                                          - Xoxo Danielle