Detention - or not

Lily's POV
I'm so nervous. I got my first detention. And I'm dating James. And i have to tell Alice and Marlene. And....
My thoughts are being interrupted by being lifted off the ground. "James Potter put me down."
"Hmm why should I."
I decided to take a risk and i leaned in and kissed him. He looked surprised but leaned in. I heard wolf whistling and Sirius cat called. Alice and Marlene stared at me in shock. They grabbed me and pulled me into the corner.
"Did we just see you kissing James Potter!" They exclaimed in shock. Lily smiled. "Maybe," She twirled her hair. "Yes we're dating now and I have detention with him tonight.
I bounced away leaving them with their mouths hanging open.

~~~~~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As night neared, detention was nearing, and rumors were flying around the school like wildfire. There had been a murder of a dozen people. No one knew who they were, at least not until Amelia Bones came into the room sobbing about the murder of her brother and his wife. She was sent home to sort things out with her other brother and her parents.
McGonagall told me and James that we won't get punished, in these grave times we shouldn't get in trouble for having fun, especially when their were students practicing Dark Magic.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
That night, I was patrolling the hallways with James. We heard erm - noises coming from a broom closet. James and I looked at each other, this was the worst part.
With our wands out we told whoever was in there to step out. We were expecting maybe Sirius or Marlene, that was the type of thing they would do but we were in for a surprise and not a good one.
Bellatrix Black, an evil girl in my year stepped out with her fiancé Rudolphus Lestrange. She was Sirius' cousin, she like the rest of her Pureblood family was in Slytherin. She was rumored to be a Death Eater. Her idea of fun was torturing people.
"Oh look it's the Mudblood and her blood traitor boyfriend. " Bellatrix sneered. I felt James starting up so I grabbed his hand.
She laughed evilly. Before James and I could say i word she yelled " 'Incendio!" I jumped out of the way, pulling James with me. The wall started burning. I wondered where all the teachers were.
Bellatrix smirked. "Oh and no one will be coming to your aid I used "Muffliato."
I hate Severus and his stupid Dark jinxes. While she continued taunting me, James mentally Stunned Lestrange. He went down on the floor and Bellatrix didn't even notice.
(LILY'S CURSES WILL BE IN BOLD, JAMES' WILL BE LIKE THIS, BELLATRIX WILL BE LIKE THIS (REGULAR) AND RUDOLPHUS WILL BE LIKE THIS.)
"Afligo" Bellatrix flinched like she was slapped, but she laughed. "Is that your best?"
"Avada Kedavra" I ducked, but i was shocked she would go to that level. That means James and I need to fight harder.
"Stupfy"
Suddenly it was all a blur of colors and shouting. "Barricus" I finally got Bellatrix, her head transfigured into an elaphants.
James and I quickly ran off while we could, screaming for help.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
James POV
We told our friends what had happened. The next day, we expected Bellatrix to be expelled, or at least in trouble but instead she was being admired by all the Slytherins. She was laughing about how her parents payed off the board.
We wanted revenge on Bellatrix, and since she couldn't get in trouble the only thing to do would be to dig up something on her family. The only person to go to was Sirius.
"Bellatrix is the youngest, she has two older sisters, though she pretends she only has one. You see, her older sister who looks exactly like her in an older version, married a muggleborn. She, like me, was burned off the family tree. We have a second cousin, Arthur Weasley, who loves Muggles and loves fooling around with Muggle stuff. He's married to Alice's cousin, Molly Prewett. They're blood traitors so they were burned off the tree.''
Sirius finished. Now we had a lot of dirt on Bellatrix and we would for sure spread it around the school.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
For the next few days, me and the Mauraders spread rumors and all this information we had on Bellatrix all over. We had it written on the sky, handed out flyers and such.
Bellatrix has been hiding in her dorm, to embarrassed to come out (this might also have to do with the fact that she might just have Elephant ears thanks to Lily who tried to transfigure her head into that of an elephant but lost her concentration so that happened)
Everyone was happy while she was gone, but we all knew we would get payback for what we did.