The Start of A Perfect Year

LILY'S POV
I woke up today with my heart fluttering in excitement. Today was my first day of my seventh year! I was going to be Headgirl, the position I dreamed of since first year. I was already a prefect, along with a good friend of mine Remus Lupin.
Remus was one of the Mauraders, but i was friends with him because he was normal and really intelligent. We studied together all the time.
I can't wait to spend time with Alice and Marlene. Mary used to be best friends with us, but her family is in hiding now. Marlene and I will try out best to get Alice and her longtime crush Frank Longbottom together. He likes her back they're so cute together.
Boys are always chasing after me especially one of Remus's best friends James Potter. He always asks me out. Maybe this year I'll actually say yes. I mean he is really hot if only he could mature a bit and deflate his big head.
"Lily we're leaving!" My mum shouts up the stairs.
I flounce down the stairs excitedly. My older sister who hates me, glares. "Hurry up freak! "
"Petunia language!" My mum shouts from outside.
We all hop into the car. My dad drives and before I know it we're at Kings Cross. I hug my family goodbye and go through the magical barrier. I'm searching for Alice or Marlene when suddenly I hear a squeal and I'm being hugged by someone. I trim around. "Alice I've missed you so much.
Potter has to ruin the moment of course by grabbing me. "I've missed you to Evans" I pushed him away. He smirked. "Cmon where's my hug."
I chose to ignore him. I was saved by Marlene who had walked up. They found a compartment and I had to go meet the Headboy and then tell the prefects what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hum happily as I walk into the prefect compartment. I sit down of a comfortable looking chair. Where is the Headboy? Who is the Headboy? Who's the person I she to share a dorm with and go to meetings with. I hope that it's someone responsible like Remus .
The door opens. I stand up. "Finally. " I sigh. I look who it is. It's James Potter.
"What are you doing here Potter? It's prefects and heads only,"
He smirks. "I am Headboy. "
"But you weren't even a prefect. I'm not falling for one of your pranks."
He pulls out a letter. It has the Hogwarts seal on it. I read it quickly. "I don't know why Dumbledore was crazy enough to make you a head but who am I to judge such a great man. Since we're not going to be getting any privacy away from each other this year why don't we be friends. "
He looks stunned. "Ok so let's be friends. And what do you mean by getting no privacy?"
"Uh James-" I pause for a second and blush. Why is he having this effect on me? "I mean Potter, we have a special dorm room didn't you know? "

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ JAMES POV
I can't believe that I get to spend so much time with Lily this year. We were now friends. I spaced out for most of the meeting and i jumped up and down after it. .
"What's with you Prongsie? Why are you so happy? Moony asked.
Sirius ran down the corridor. "Guess who I just hooked up with?"
I rolled my eyes. "Padfoot, mate, you might be my best friend but must you be so perverted all the time (A/N: Ya Sirius your not Chuck Bass)
He ignored me and continued. "Marlene McKinnon," He smirked. "She was just so-"
"Woah Sirius I don't need or want details."
We continued our bantering back or forth. I wasn't paying attention to where i was going and *bang* I crashed right into none other then Lily Evans. I got to my feet. "Sorry I didn't me to."
I helped her up. "Thanks" she said with a smile and she flounced off with her friends.
Wormy was staring at me. "When did she start being nice to you."
"When did you show up Wormy? "
He flushed. "I was here the whole time.
"Oh sorry didn't see you."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
At the meal we all sat down. I sat I between Lily and Sirius, Marlene sat next to Sirius, and Alice, Frank, and Remus sat across from us. Oh and Peter sat... next to Remus I think.
The Sorting Hat started it's song. I spaced out all through the sorting. The food appeared. Lily tapped my shoulder. "Uh James it's time to eat stop spacing out. You'll starve otherwise."
I decided to joke around with her. "Thanks Lils, without you i might have spaced out the whole meal. " i clutched my head dramatically. "What would i do without my precious food?"
She started laughing so hard she couldn't stop. I saw Snape glaring at us. I smirked at him. She finally calmed down.

Before i knew it the meal was over. We were all so busy talking and laughing we didn't even notice. Dumbledore stood up and cleared his throat. Everyone, even the Slytherins quieted down.
"Before i begin my speech I'd like to introduce put new Headgirl and Headboy James Potter and Lily Evans."
Everyone except the Slytherins cheered. We were both very well liked. The Gryffindor's cheered the loudest.
Dumbledore started his speech. "I don't mean to frighten you children, but dark forces are rising outside and i hope you don't stray to the wrong side. Don't become a Death Eater and no matter what happens stay strong."
The meal ended and everyone headed to their common rooms. "What do you want the password to our common room to be?" I asked Lily.
She thought for a moment before responding. "I think the Order of Phoenix. "
I agreed. We walked into our dorm room. She gasped in amazement. There was a lounge, two loveseats, and a fireplace in the main room. There was a winding staircase leading to two rooms with our names in gold. In our rooms their was a bathroom with a jacuzzi, a huge canopy bed, a dresser, a desk, and a closet. She was freaking out. "I never had a room this big all to myself before. I've always had to share or I had my own small room."
"I always had a big room, I'm an only child and my family is very wealthy. We're not prejudiced about who should be allowed to be wizards and we don't have house elves or servants." I admitted.
We got into a conversation about the mistreatment of house elves. Wow this girl is brilliant. She's also gourgous. He eyes sparkle like emeralds.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I woke up the next day with red hair in my eyes. I sat up. Lily and i must have passed out on the couch, except I must have fallen onto the floor. I looked at a clock on the wall. I still have time to sleep so I fell back asleep on the floor. It was comfortable at least there was carpet.
When I woke up again I was being shook awake by- Sirius. "How did you get in here?" I demanded.
"McGonagall let me in." He said I'd is I defense.
Lily woke up by now. She looked around her face bright red. Marlene chose to walk in right then and kiss Sirius on the lips. Lily looked at the clock and rushed to get dressed.