Who am I to say?

Sehun was utterly shocked by the sudden encounter of two childhood friends. Both, he had soft spots for. Both, technically different but a hint of likeliness in them.

He had knew that day Luhan ran out of his building that the two of them had some bad past behind them but he never would have thought that someone's death would have been involved in their past. Especially something so terrible.

Baekhyun who had wanted so bad to forgive Luhan, to find something to steer Luhan away from the blame but couldn't.

The one thing he felt for Baekhyun, was pity. Sehun wanted to beat himself up, to punish himself for thinking that way but he couldn't help it.

He was literally burning in jealousy that Chanyeol got to make sure Luhan was okay. To be the one to pull him into his embrace when everything around him collaspe.
He still loved Luhan after all.

But Baekhyun was one thing he couldn't let go. Not when he was so vulnerable right now.
If Sehun had went for Luhan, Baekhyun would have nobody.

So this was the thing that kept Sehun back. His urge to protect Baekhyun.

****

" You don't know how badly I wanted to believe that it were my parents who ran to your car and hit themselves. How badly I wished if wasn't you in the car that murdered my parents. But I couldn't. There you were sitting in the scene of crime."

Luhan let out a scream of anger as he knocked down his items on the table.
Frustration overwhelmed him as he buried his head in his hands.
How he wished to pull all his hair out, to pull out the roots of the terrible past out of his brain.

A knock was sounded at the door as Lay and Chanyeol peeped from the door.
"Go away."

Luhan said with a muffled voice.

"But honey, you haven't eat your breakfast and now you don't want your lunch? Just eat something. Anything."
Lay pleaded as he went in to rub his hands soothingly along Luhan's back.

"I want my mum."
Luhan said after a long moment of silence.

Lay perked up as he nodded.
"Sure sure. I'll see if she could come for a few days. Chanyeol, can you past me my phone."

"Oh sure."
Chanyeol said as he hopped over to get Lay's phone for him, happy to finally have something to do.

After the phone call, Lay put down his phone and whispered to Luhan, who was still crouching on the floor.
"She said she'll come."

"For how many days?"

Lay hesitated before replying.
"Three hours."

Luhan sighed as he breathed in heavily.
"That's very generous. She even estimated the time. Best mum ever."

"Im sure she is just busy.."

"Yeah for the past few years."

Lay sighed as he gestured Chanyeol.
"Come on, we'll leave you alone. Call when you need anything yeah? We can heat up the soup."

Luhan nodded before saying again.
"Chan?"

Chanyeol turned back in shock before answering.
"Yeah?"

"Thanks for everything. You don't need to stay here you know. Im fine. You did all you could. "

"Yeah. I am pretty capable of taking care of Luhan."
Lay said, putting a hand on Chanyeol's shoulder to reassure him.

"Alright then. I'll call you later."
Chanyeol said as he and Lay exited the door in a gentle slam.

Luhan watched as the ajar door slowly closed as he thought.
He didn't even know how to face his mum, who only face timed him once a year. Who was never interested in his life.

But having a person from the past where it happened felt better.
It didn't feel like only you are carrying the burden alone on your shoulders.

***