Part of a game

Luhan stood in front of his mirror as he thought to himself.
Was it the right decision? Or was it a stupid one..
He still couldn't believe he actually agreed to the plan.

Pretending to date Chanyeol to make Sehun jealous..
Luhan had always been this kind of roles before but he didn't know why he was nervous and anxious in this one.
Either way Sehun didn't love Baekhyun anymore and it made no sense to let him continue hurting Hyunnie even more.

Also, Chanyeol realized that too. That's why he came up with this plan. Sehun was always ignoring Baek while the other was passionate in it. It hurt his heart to see his cousin playing with the man. He felt his heart clenched up everytime they were together.

Luhan sighed as he sat down on the floor.
With his heart feeling unbelievably heavy.

***

"Hey Sehun I am back."

Chanyeol announced as he arrived home to see Sehun sitting on the couch watching tv.
He nodded his head in acknowledgement as he resumed his gaze on the tv.

"Aren't you suppose to be with Baek by the way?"
Chanyeol said, settling down beside Sehun and setting down his cup.

"I canceled the date. Im tired."
Sehun replied simply.

"And also I wanted to talk with you."
He continued, turning off the tv and facing Chanyeol."

Chanyeol nudged his head as a go on sign.
"Luhan quit his job."

"So?"

"But it's a job he was so passionate in and was so successful in! Why would he? Maybe there's some problems with him and his boyfriend? What do you reckon?"
Sehun said, eyebrows furrowing in curvy lines.

"Maybe he just wanted some quiet and peace.."
Chanyeol looked down and said. He was feeling a bit guilty about his plan with Luhan but it had to be done. Sehun couldn't have two boats altogether, he had to either let go of one.

"But I've been wanting to tell you something."
Chanyeol whispered.

The serious tone on Chanyeol made Sehun unknowingly leaned in to hear what he was going to say.

"Luhan broke up with his boyfriend few days ago."

Sehun was confused right now.
"How did you know?"

"We met a few days ago."

"What's your point now?"
Sehun was getting frustrated as his voice became louder.

"We were together now. Luhan and I."
Chanyeol hissed the words out as he refused to look at Sehun, scared of what emotion he might see on his cousin brother's face.

There was a long silence before Sehun spoke, nearly whispering.
"You must be kidding me. You don't even know what you are saying. You just met for a few days? And Luhan loved his boyfriend to death than to be with me. Why you?"
Sehun spit each word out like venom as his face twisted in anger. He directed his stare at Chanyeol as his gaze sent fire to his direction.

"Firstly, you guys met for only a day. And we fell in love for a few days. What's the problem here? He realized he didn't love his boyfriend anymore. Instead it's me. Why would he choose you anyway? You have a fucking boyfriend right now and Im sure he wanted a proper relationship!"
Chanyeol shouted back.

Sehun could feel his tears whelming up as he blinked them away. He felt so betrayed by his own cousin.
"You didn't tell me you liked him before."
He whispered.

"I didn't know either until I met him at a coffee shop one day!"

Sehun gulped as he tried his best to swallow his anger and jealously. His best cousin just betrayed him and was together with the one he missed so much right now.

But then who was he to judge? He was with Baekhyun right now. It was all his fault from the start.

Sehun turned away as he walked to the direction of his own room. He needed to clear his head. And also away from the one he called best brothers.

"Sehun."

He heard him called.

"Don't talk to me. Don't speak like you deserved to speak."
Sehun spat as he slammed the door of his room as hard as he could.

Chanyeol watched from behind and he let out a sigh reluctantly.
Sorry brother. But you have to realize what you have been doing for so long.