Depressingly Shocking

Start from the beginning

I then went to look in their room. What could they possibly be hiding in their that is so bad?

I slowly opened the door, anticipating the worst. All I got was a regular bedroom. A double bed, tv, set of drawers, wardrobe and desk with roses wallpaper.

I knelt down on my hands and knees and pulled a shoebox out from under the bed.

There was no lid on it but whatever was inside it was covered by a small cloth. I picked up the silky cloth to reveal what was underneath it. A gun.

He has a freaking gun?!!

I quickly covered it and slid it back under the bed.

Now I'm scared. Really scared.

What if he tried to kill me if I don't do as he says? What if they both try to kill someone else? What if they are murderers?

I lay in a ball on the floor in tears.

For the first time, I genuinely don't know what to do.

Last time, Ryan came and helped me. This time he can't, it's too far for him to come. Mike would never take him.

Do I just have to accept it?

----------

(Two days later)

I have eaten nothing but ready meals since I got here. I have cleaned the whole place, done the dishes and everything and now I'm waiting for them to come back from their 'holiday'.

I don't know what school I'm going to, I don't have a uniform. I don't even know if I'm enrolled anywhere.

At least I'm not stuck with Miss Barmes anymore. But I'm stuck with my uncle.

After waiting nervously on the sofa, I heard the click of the lock. They are back.

"Why are you so useless!?" Shouted my uncle at my aunt as he stormed in.

I have no clue what's happening.

"Why aren't you in school?" He yelled fiercely at me.

"I don't know what school I'm going to" I said quietly.

"Are you thick!" He came right up into my face "why are you both so pathetic?"

"No"

"Are you lying to me?!"

"Please, I don't know what school, honest"

Then he slapped me across the face, sending me off the sofa, plummeting to the floor.

"Your a liar!" He screamed.

"I'm not I swear"

"Shut up!" He swung for me again and got me just under my eye. I began to bleed. The pain was agony.

"Get out of my sight!" He yelled.

I picked myself up and ran into my bedroom.

No school for me then.

I sat on the bed and just thought. I thought about how much I hate it here, how much I'm unwanted, how much I want to go home. But where is home?

Then my uncle came in, rage in his eyes.

He came up to me and looked down upon me.

"I'm sorry" he stuttered.

"No you're not!"

"Yes I am child!"

"Really, because if you were sorry you wouldn't do this!" I yelled, standing up and gesturing to my bloody face.