“Don’t call me that!” I hear Matt shout at my retreating back. I smile to myself and shut the front door behind me.

“Hey honey! What did Austin say?” my mom intercepts me before I can escape to my room.

“I think you already know mom.” I tell her trying to avoid going through everything again.

“Ok, fine all I know is he had to leave suddenly but what all did you two decide on?”

“Well he said he wasn’t going to make me come down before I was ready but because he’s selfish and can’t be without me for too long, if I’m not there within three days he said he’d get me himself.” I repeat Austin’s words with a little added embellishment.

“Well that sounds like a good plan. I’m sure you miss him already but you two will be back in each other’s arms before you know it.” My mom assures me.

“Do you remember meeting dad’s pack for the first time?”

“Not really sweetheart. It’s hard to think about it now because I can’t imagine anything other than it is now, but I remember at first everyone was a little hesitant at accepting a new leader but once they saw how much your father loved me, the choice was easy and I quickly became like family.” I sigh in exasperation and nervousness.

“Do you think they’ll like me I mean-

“Honey. Please. They will love you. What’s not to love? You’re strong, independent, loving, generous, and trustworthy. All are important qualities in a Luna. You will be very successful in leading the pack next to Austin. Don’t stress about it.”

“Ok, I’ll try my best.”

“That’s all I ask.” My mom smiles and brings my in for a bone crushing hug. “Why don’t you call up the girls and go do something to get your mind off missing Austin.”

“Ok good idea. I’ll go call them now.” I assure her putting a smile on my face. “Thanks mommy!” I peck her cheek.

Ladies!! Lets hang out ASAP! I need to get my mind off you know who. Any takers?

……….

“Come on Brookie one more!” Jamie begs. Brooke looks at the shot in for of her warily. “Live a little!”

“I don’t know Jamie, I’ve already had two plus a margarita and I have brunch with Camille’s mom tomorrow.” Brooke desperately grasps at anything to avoid another drink. I on the other hand could use one. I snatch the little glass from the table and throw it back. The girls gape at me.

“What? Can’t let a perfectly good shot go to waste.” I shrug my shoulders. Sarah narrows her eyes at me like she knows what I’m doing, but choose not to say anything. She’s the only one who knows that Austin left.

Ready or NotOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara