Chapter 20

Camille POV

I feel like I'm sinking. As though I was floating and now I'm coming back down to earth. Earth feels like a bed. Its then that I remember I'm in a hospital.

I hear the typical hospital noise of beeping machines and people rushing around outside the room. But I also hear someone breathing heavily a lot closer. I work to open my eyes but get frustrated at their heaviness. Finally I manage to unglue them and get my bearings.

A quick head turn to the left not only reveals an adorable sleeping Austin, but a serious crippling pain in my neck. Austin suddenly pops up from the tiny chair he was folded into and is by my side with a look of concern and is that pain?

"What? What is it kitten? What's wrong? What hurts?" He frantically looks me over for signs of pain.

"Austin-What are you-I never-

"Your in pain." He states. Still trying to find the source.

"Well yeah but I just woke up, I never even said anything. Its just my neck but I'm sure it's nothing." I try and play it off so he doesn't worry.

"Baby never downplay your pain for me." Austin tells me solemnly. Wait, did I say that out loud? He eyes my neck with a huge smile of male satisfaction. "Damn. My mark looks good on you kitten." Oh right I let him mark me. "And I couldn't thank you enough for tying yourself to me for the rest of our lives and accepting my mark." His soft tone sends a shiver down my spine and as he presses his lips to my forehead I feel I zing of electricity straight to my chest.

Your so beautiful kitten and I'm so glad your home safe

What the hell was that? Did they feed me some crazy juice while I was out? I swear Austin's voice was just in my head. But that's not possible. Right? Crap now I'm really starting to believe I'm crazy.

"No Camille you're not crazy. I can hear your thoughts now and whatever other things you send me through the mind link. As mates we have our own separate link along with the pack link."

"Oh." I feel myself relax as I'm informed I'm indeed not crazy.

"Well you are a little crazy." That little comment of Austin's earns him a smack in the chest. "But I like crazy. As a matter of fact I love your brand of crazy particularly." He presses another kiss to my forehead.

"So when can I get out of here then?" I ask, smiling up at him from the bed. He opens his mouth to answer but is interrupted.

"Your actually all clear to head out now Camille. Or should I say Luna." We both look over to the doorway where Doc throws us a wink and then begins writing things down on a clipboard. I feel a blush extending across my cheeks and neck. Luna? I guess now that Austin's marked me it's official.

"How does it feel kitten, knowing you're my Luna?" Austin whispers huskily in my ear and the blush deepens as Doc shoots us an amused smile.

"Austin stop!" I playfully push him away but my voice trembles with anticipation. That damn man seems to know all the right buttons to push.

"All right you two I'll get out of your hair since you look like you could use a little alone time." Austin chuckles clearly enjoying my embarrassment. "You're all set Camille but please be more careful. This is only the second time I've seen you and both have been under my care so lets fix that." He shakes his finger at me.

"Sounds good Doc." I agree with a chuckle.

"Good. Now, your neck will be sore for a few hours but that's normal considering all that you've been through and the other male wolf venom in your bloodstream. Other than that you're good as new." I look sheepishly at Austin and wonder if he knows why I made him mark me so suddenly.