Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Camille’s POV

I felt the ache in my chest as soon as Austin pulled out of the driveway and disappeared from my sight. We had somehow strengthened the bond significantly in the short time he was here. I’ll admit the guy was growing on me and the idea of going back to his- our pack suddenly wasn’t as scary as I had originally thought. Granted, it was still terrifying but manageable. Austin said I had three days until he came and got me himself. Part of me wanted to pack right now and hurry down to surprise him, while the other part wanted to cherish my last few days at home.

“How are you holding up?” I turn and find Sarah appraising me like I’m gona fall apart. I shrug indifferently.

“I’m managing. It hurts though.” She nods in understanding. “I mean part of me wants to follow him and the other part is too scared to. I’m torn down the middle.”

“Matt and I haven’t had to be separated to this extent before but I can sympathize with you a little. My chest hurts too whenever we’re not together.” I look off into the distance dreading the answer to the next question I’m going to ask.

“Does it ever get better?”

“Well, I’m not the best example. You should probably ask a mated couple who has been together longer, but from my minimal experience; I’d say it gets a little easier but not much. Love isn’t really meant to be easy though.”

“Wow Sarah that’s deep.” I can’t help but chuckle. She fails to keep a straight face too. “Thank you.” I tell her after composing myself.

“Anytime cupcake.” She playfully nudges me.

“Call me that again. I dare you.” I fix her with a playful glare.

“Whatever you say cupcake!” she sing songs.

“You’re asking for my inner animal sweet cheeks.” I fall into a boxing stance.

“Ok, ok. No more cupcake. Geez.” Sarah tosses her hands up in mock surrender laughing.”

“Are you harassing my mate, Camille?” Matt strides over to us and wraps his arms around Sarah from behind.

“Absolutely not. It’s her that’s harassing me.” I point my finger accusingly. Sarah rolls her eyes.

“Please. Don’t put this off on me.” She tells me before turning and giving Matt her perfected puppy look.

“Matt don’t fall for it! Look away!”

“Camille stop harassing my mate.” Matt finally looks away from his manipulating mate and smirks at me. Sarah looks smug. I roll my eyes.

“Perfect. Thanks Mattie you’re a real doll.” I lay on think sarcasm. Imma leave you two to it then. Adios!” I wave and head in to figure out my next step.