Chapter 3

Camille's POV

"I swear something felt off at that gas station." I insist.

"I think you must've hit your head playing laser tag. Nothing was off about that station." Jamie assures me.

"Yeah, I'm probably just over reacting. You guys would have noticed." I reason.

"Exactly." Sarah pipes up.

"Camille!" I hear my dad call me from the den.

"Yes Daddy?" I ask leaning in the doorway.

"I wanted to let you know that the alpha from the Midnight Moon pack will be joining us for dinner tomorrow night. I already told Ryan, but I figured you girls would want to help Brooke find something to wear so she can look the part of Luna."

"You know us all too well." I smile at him.

"I try to keep up with you girls. Give me some credit." He feigns hurt. I laugh.

"Ok dad." I smile as I return to the girls in the living room. "Ok so the Alpha of Midnight Moon pack is having dinner with us tomorrow and dad said we can use Brooke's need for finding an outfit suitable for a Luna as an excuse for us all to go shopping. You girls in?!"

"Whoo! Your dad's the best!" Jamie cheers.

"Totally the coolest. Count me in!" Sarah agrees.

"Thanks girls love you too!" My dad shouts from the den, a smile in his voice. Five minutes later, were all piled into my black mustang convertible on our way to the shops.

.........

I absentmindedly finger the racks of clothes in the store chosen by Brooke. The walls are dipped in a cheery green that almost makes my eyes burn and the curtains for the dressing rooms are zebra. Yes, it's that type of store.

"Cam what do you think of this one?" Brooke inquires, popping out of the fitting room again. This time she dons a coral mid-calf length chiffon dress.

"Wow, Brooke, that's really pretty." I tell her honestly.

"Really?" She asks skeptically twirling in the mirror. She only questions my opinion due to the last three or four half ass ones I've given.

"Yes Brooke it's so Jackie O, very classy." Jamie assures.

"That's the one." Sarah agrees.

"Ok, fine this is the one." She presses the dress down the front ridding it of imaginary wrinkles.

"Relax Brookie, the dinner will go perfectly and you will be amazing." I rub her arm, looking at her through the mirror.

"OMG! I have to try this on! It's practically shouting my name!" Jamie exclaims, nearly giving the poor sales woman a heart attack. She scampers back to the rooms towing a piece of red fabric with her. Brooke and I exchange looks before she heads off to pay for her dress. Sarah is looking bored typing away on her phone sitting in a hot pink chair. I turn and take a final sweep of the small store not really looking at anything in particular. There it is. I finger the stunning lilac silk.

"That would look incredible on you." A manly voice tells me. Chills run up my spine and I turn around. I didn't even hear the bell chime signaling a customer.

"How would you know-" I'm cut off when I look into his eyes, a brilliant blue. Suddenly I'm so peeved and creeped out that a random guy is telling me what would look good on me. He makes me feel safe, though. Weird right?

"It just looks like it was made for you." He states not wavering his gaze from me. I narrow my eyes, in spite of the newfound comfort I find in his company. "Honest." He adds holding his hands up in mock innocence. I notice a small smirk fighting its way onto his face. I can't help but smile back.