Chapter 22

A couple weeks passed by. Jack didn't pester me anymore about the scars on my back. Everyone's focus was now on the wedding. Marilyn and Greyson had their wedding, and it was a nightmare. Guess who decided to show up? That's right. Lacy. She had been creating havoc for Marilyn because Marilyn had the guts to stand up to her. I know. Such a brat.

"Cameron?" Jack asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I asked innocently.

"You didn't hear my conversation did you?" he asked with a knowing look. I give him a sheepish smile and motioned for him to continue. "Okay. Like I was saying, I have something very important to tell you."

"Okay. What's going on, Baby Bear?" I asked teasingly. Jack glared but continued what he had to say. He muttered something under his breath quickly before looking back up at me. "Jack, you're going to have to speak a little louder. Being around loud weapons for a year takes away a lot of hearing abilities," I teased.

"I have a new girlfriend," Jack said slowly. He looked into my eyes, waiting for my reaction.

"Hold up. Did you say girlfriend?" I asked him. He nodded lightly and braced for a butt chewing. I threw my arms around him and squealed.

"It's about time!" I yelled as I squeezed my baby brother in a bear hug, "What's her name? What does she look like? How old is she? What's her favorite color? Will she like me? Wait, what if she doesn't like me? You won't want to come around anymore if she doesn't-"

"Cameron, slow down," Jack said as he covered my mouth with his hand, "Her name is Kate, she's twenty, and she already adores you and wants to meet you. That's what I was actually wanting to talk to you about. She wants to throw a pool party and meet our family. That includes, Greyson, Amelia, Marilyn, and Jay."

"I would love to do that! When does she want to get together?" I asked as I sat on the countertop.

"She wanted to get together tonight since she has to work Monday," Jack explained with a loving smile. I smiled back at him.

"Tonight is good for me. Jay is on his way over, so I'll ask him when he gets here. I'll call Marilyn right now if you want to ask Aidan," I said as I jumped down from the counter and grabbed my phone, dialing Marilyn.
@@@@@
"Okay. I'll see you in an hour. Bye," I said, hanging up just as the front door opened.

"Pooch?" Jay's voice boomed throughout the house.

"Kitchen!" I yelled back. I listened as his footsteps neared the kitchen door and finally right behind me. He wrapped his arms around my torso and laid his head on my shoulder.

"Whatcha doing?" he asked playfully.

"Just wondering something," I said with a smile.

"Whatcha wondering about?" he asked in the same playful tone.

"Do you want to go to a pool party tonight? We'll be meeting Jack's new girlfriend!" I all but squealed. Jay laughed at my outburst.

"I would love to go to the pool party with you. Somebody has to help you embarrass your little brother," Jay said with a laugh.

"I heard that!" Jack yelled from the living room causing Jay and I to crack up laughing. Jay pulled me into a hug after our fit of laughter died down. The kitchen door opened to reveal no other than my baby brother. "By the way, Uncle Jackie doesn't need to be a thing just yet," he said with a wink before running away. My face heated up with embarrassment.

"Jack!" I yelled as I ran after him, leaving a laughing Jay in the kitchen.

"Don't kill me!" Jack yelled in a higher tone voice.