Chapter 10

Aidan's POV
I sat on the couch with Jay as we played head to head on a war game. I was obviously losing. Jack sat on the recliner texting on his phone. My phone started ringing just as I was about to go in for the kill. "This better be important," I grumbled as I paused the game and picked my phone up, "Hello?"

"Aidan? This is Greyson Wilson. I was calling to tell you that Cameron has been badly injured," Greyson's voice wavers.

"What happened, and where is she?" I asked as I stood up. Jay and Jack looked at me with confusion and worry.

"I don't know what happened, but we're at the city park. She was punching a guy when I showed up," he said in a calm tone.

"I'll be there in two minutes," I said as I hung up, "Cameron has been beaten up pretty badly." As soon as the words left my mouth, Jay was up and running out the door. Jack soon joined once he slipped his shoes on. I grabbed my keys then sped off toward the park. Once we arrived, I saw Cameron laying on a picnic table. Her skin was pale and blood was seeping through her shirt. "She's ripped her stitches," I muttered to myself, "Jay, go find the dumba** that did this to my sister." Jay nodded then ran off. Apache was tied to a tree barking in a certain direction. Jay untied Apache and followed him wherever Apache was leading him.

"Cameron, are you okay?" Jack asked when he saw Cameron. I gave him a look that says "really?".

"Never been better, Jack. I just love getting beat to a pulp," she retorted. Sarcasm is still in tact. She tried to laugh but ended up wincing from pain. Tears formed in my eyes. I hate seeing my baby sister in this state. "Why is it I'm the one that finds trouble no matter where we are?"

"Everything is going to be okay, baby sis. Jay went to get the guy that did this to you. He's a bit, oh, what's the word? Ticked, to put it nicely," I whispered into her ear, hoping it would cheer her up. She smiled back up at me the best she could.

"I'd expect him to be. I was just released from the hospital. He's going to have to sleep in the uncomfortable chair again." Her eyes were trying their best to shut, but she was fighting back.

"I doubt you'll have to stay overnight. Everything is going to be okay," I soothed as I gently stroked her hair. I was holding her in a hug with her head against my chest.

"I love you both," Cameron whispered to me and Jack. Tears were falling down her face. She's giving up.

"Cameron, don't you say that! This isn't goodbye!" Jack scolded. Cameron nodded and laid her head back. After a couple of minutes, the ambulance arrived, but before they could do anything, Cameron went unconscious. Jay came back while the paramedics were stitching my sister's cut back up. He was basically dragging the guy along with him with Apache growling the whole way.

"How is she?" he asked as soon as he got close enough. I smiled at his concern.

"Good news and bad news. Good news is they have her stitched back up and think she's going to wake up in a couple of hours," I said calmly.

"Okay. What's the bad news?"

"Bad news is that she is probably going to have to stay overnight at the hospital. That means, you get the uncomfortable chair again," I said with an evil smirk. I knew Jay too well in such a short time period, but he would go through torture if it meant he could be there for my sister. They say they're only best friends, but we all know that won't last long. I give it a month. What? Cameron can be shy when it comes to boyfriends.

"Ugh. I hate that chair," Jay grumbled. I laughed at his face expression.

"What are you going to do when you two have kids, and she has to stay in the hospital for several days?" I asked through my laughter.

"Who says that I would be Cameron's groom? We're only friends. Nothing else," he said as he rolled his eyes, but I could see the hopeful glint in his eyes.

"Dude, I know my sister very well. I also know when she gets along with someone and trusts them. I give you two a month from today," I said as I patted him on the back.

"A month from today is Valentine's Day. What are you suggesting?" Jay asked with a suspicious tone. Before I could answer, a paramedic interrupted us.

"Sorry to interrupt. I thought you would like to know that we're ready to transport," the paramedic said kindly. I nodded then followed him to the ambulance. Jack and I fought over who should ride in the ambulance and who should drive. I ended up winning.

"Not a scratch on my baby, Jack. I'll be coming after you if I see something out of place," I said as I got into the ambulance.

"Only he would worry about a car," Jack grumbled as he walked toward my 2007 Ford Mustang. I know it's an older model, but it's still just so pretty. (A/N: Picture of Aidan's baby below)

I heard Jack rev the engine behind us as we sped off toward the hospital

I heard Jack rev the engine behind us as we sped off toward the hospital. What have I done? My poor baby.
@@@@@
Third Person POV
The ambulance arrived at the hospital not too long after. Cameron was rushed to an emergency room. Greyson and Amelia arrived shortly after Jack, Jay, and Aidan did. Amelia was in still tears. "Um, Aidan?" Jack asked as he looked at his phone.

"Yes, Jack?" Aidan asked as he stopped pacing.

"You told mom about Cameron, right?"

"Oh crap!" Aidan exclaimed, "I'm calling her right now. Maybe she won't hurt me too bad."

"Why is he scared?" Jay asked.

"Mom doesn't like being the last to know about one of us getting hurt. She usually gets a little hotheaded if it ever happens. The last time it happened, Cameron broke her arm, and Dumdum didn't tell mom until that night when her arm turned purple," Jack explained.

"Cameron told me about that," Jay said with a smile.

"Would you two hush before I have to get an ear load," Aidan asked in a hushed voice as he held his phone to his ear, "Hey, mom. I've got a funny story..."

"Aidan, what happened, and why am I just now learning about it?" Jamie (Cameron's mother) asked frantically.

"Mom, calm down. I got a phone call from one of my friends from high school. He told me that Cameron had been hurt very badly. Mom, we're at the emergency room. They took her back. Y-you might want to head on over here," Aidan said as realization kicks in and tears form in his eyes, "This is all my fault."

"I'll be there in two minutes, and Aidan, this isn't your fault. If your sister hears you saying that, she's going to kick you so hard. She doesn't blame any of this on anyone. Now, you don't need to be going around sulking and saying it's your fault when we had no control over any of this," Jamie said as she started her car. Staying true to her word, she arrived in two minutes. "Someone better tell me what happened right now." Greyson stood up with Amelia clinging on to him with tears running down her face. Greyson looked at Jamie with an apologetic look.

"Mrs. Thompson, you might want to sit down for this," Greyson said as he gestured to a seat. He set Amelia on the ground next to Apache, who cuddled up with her to calm her down. Jamie sat down and sobbed as she listened to what Greyson had to say. Cameron basically saved a girl she barely even knew.
@@@@@
A/N: I know this was short, but it's a chapter. I hope you enjoyed it!

-mem5701-