Raising The Emo Bad Boy's Kids...Great. {28} END

A.N.- There's a 3rd story to this series :)

http://www.wattpad.com/2578715-raising-the-jarvis-twins

-Read, enjoy. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Ali!”

                JJ wrapped his arms around me tightly. I had just opened the door for him. “He’s unconscious on the bed. Where’s the baby?”

                Shakily, I pointed to Shane. He was sitting on the ground, sucking his thumb. He eyes were red from all the crying. JJ rushed over to him and carefully picked him up.

                “Hi Shane. Are you okay?” he asked gently. Shane’s eyes started to water again. “Daddy hurt my arm,” he said before crying again. JJ rocked him gently and Shane started to cry harder. “Mommy! I want my mommy!” he sobbed, reaching his arms towards me.

                I hurried over and took him from JJ. I kissed him and bounced with him, trying to soothe him. JJ turned to Shawn and then back to me. “He didn’t hurt Shawn?” I shook my head and showed JJ Shane’s arm. He gasped in horror. “Oh shit,” he whispered.

                “Shawn, are you okay?” he asked, sitting next to Shawn. Shawn nodded. “Yea. Why?” I bit my lip nervously. “Shawn, do you still love your daddy?” I asked quietly.

                “Yea! Why wouldn’t I love my daddy?” He frowned up at me. “Shawn, what happened downstairs?” JJ asked. Shawn screwed up his face. “I…I can’t remember,” he said slowly. “I can’t remember! Don’t ask me!” he cried, starting to panic.

                “Shhh! Shawn it’s okay!” I said, sitting next to him and hugging him to me. “It’s okay.” But was it okay? Was it okay that what their father had just done was so traumatic that Shawn’s mind seemed to be blocking him from the memory of it?

                “JJ, what do I do?” I whispered. “I don’t know Ali,” he said slowly. “I just don’t know.”

                He sighed sadly after a minute. “Ali, I love my son. You know I love my son.” I nodded when he fell silent. “I know JJ.” He looked at Shawn and pulled him into his lap, hugging him lovingly. “They look so much like him,” he whispered. “And they’re only 3.” I nodded again, unsure of what to say.

                “Ben…keep him away. Keep him away until he learns his lesson and then some. I know it’s bad for the boys, but god dammit! I won’t let him hurt innocent children! I didn’t stop his mother from hurting him. I’m going to stop him from hurting his children. This will not turn into a violent cycle of abuse. It started with my wife and it’s ending with my son.”

                “JJ…will it drive him to do it more?” He shook his head. “No. No it won’t. Because from this moment on, Ben is only allowed to go to work. Then he’s home. That’s it. Go straight to work, come straight home. I find him with Chris anywhere but the restaurant, I’ll make sure it won’t happen again. I’m going to discipline my son and make sure he learns his lesson. You take the boys, I’ll help you with them. I’ll fix Ben of all his foolish substance abuse and stop that foul language of his.”

                His eyes were clearly determined and I hesitated before nodding in agreement. JJ got up and carefully set Shawn down. He left the room and came back a few minutes later with some backs. “Your parents won’t mind, will they?” I shook my head and kissed Shane before setting him down.

                JJ and I packed up all the boys’ stuff. It took us about 3 hours to get everything packed up and in JJ’s car, but we did it. I put the boys in their car seats and sat in the front with JJ.

                He drove me to my parents’ house and we explained everything to them as they helped us move all the stuff into the guest room. My father was downright furious with Ben (“If that drunken waste of space gets near my grandkids again he’ll friggin’ regret it!”) but my mom only looked sad.

                We thanked JJ and I told him to call me about Ben tomorrow. He left the house and I went to put the boys to bed.

                “Ali, are you mad at him?” mom asked softly, coming into my room as I tucked Shawn in. I sighed sadly. “I want to be. I should be. But I’m not. I’m mad at Chris. I’m mad at Ben’s decision. But I’m not mad at him.”

                Mom nodded as I picked up Shane. “How’s the arm buddy?” I asked softly. JJ had wrapped his arm carefully. “It hurts. I’m scared mommy,” he whimpered. I held him close. “Don’t be honey. I’m right here,” I promised. “But daddy’s not,” he whimpered. “Shhh Shane. Go to sleep and we’ll figure it out in the morning, okay?” I placed him in his crib and tucked him in before shutting off the lights and leaving the room with my mom.

                “I agree with you Ali. I’m furious with Ben’s decisions. Downright pissed. But I think he’s a good kid at heart. Don’t give up on him. Get through to him. I just know it’ll be worth it when you do get all the way through to him,” she said and hugged me. I hugged her back tightly, feeling tears threatening my eyes.

                I wiped by eyes before going to my old bedroom. I laid down on my bed, feeling terribly alone without the warmth of Ben’s body next to me. Ben…god I hoped his dad could fix him so we could just be a family again.

                But for now, the boys were away from him and that was the way it was going to stay until he was all better. I squeezed my eyes shut. The future was uncertain, but I knew two things for sure.

                I would be the best possible mother to my sons, and I would never give up hope on Benjamin Robert Jarvis.