Raising The Emo Bad Boy's Kids...Great {17}

His step dad, Derik, slowly made his way over to us. I pulled the cart behind me and Ben and I stood in front of it protectively as the boys watched us curiously.

                Derik glanced at them and snickered. “It’s called a condom Ben. You know, that thing your father forgot to use.”

                Ben’s fear and anger were fighting inside of him. I could see it in his eyes. “My father is a great man. Unlike you; you fucking coward.”

                Anger exploded in Derik’s eyes. “What did you just say you ungrateful shit?” he hissed. “You heard me. You beat on someone half your size. You beat an innocent, defenseless little girl!”

                “Shut up you bastard. You kids fucking deserved it. Ungrateful little shits,” Derik snapped. Ben gulped and glared furiously.

                “Jeydyn and I didn’t deserve the treatment we got. It’s not our faults we were born. You’re a sick man and you disgust me,” Ben hissed.

                I glanced around nervously. There was barely anyone in the store. There were 2 people in sight, too far away to hear what was going on and too preoccupied to care.

                                                                                ***Ben’s POV***

                “Benjamin?” I froze as the voice penetrated my ears. Derik smirked in satisfaction as my mom came and stood next to him, hate in her eyes as they locked onto me. She glanced at the twins and shook her head in disgust.

                “I should’ve just gotten an abortion with you. You fucked up bastard.” A rush of emotions exploded in me as she spoke. I didn’t know what to feel around her and Derik. Fear? Hatred? She had ruined my life. She had beaten me. He had helped. He had tried to rape me when I was only 15 years old. They had left my half dead for my little sister to find. They had wrecked me physically and emotionally. They had hurt my little sister.

                “I’m better than you,” I said at last, glaring at her. “I can raise my children with love. I don’t need to hit them to feel superior. I don’t need to beat them to feel in control. I don’t need to threaten them to feel stronger. I don’t need to forget to feel alive.” I glanced at the boys as they watched me curiously.

                “I love my children. I love my dad and my sister. I love my family. Everyone but you. You dirty bitch and your sorry excuse of a husband have fun with your life,” I snapped.

                Derik had me by the shirt in a second. His grabbed a fistful of it and pulled me close. The only other people in the store didn’t seem to notice.

                “You shut up you sorry fuck. You better hope I don’t run into you in a less public place because I promise you, I’ll beat the living shit out of you, your girlfriend, and your little brats. Your bitch of a sister too. Hell, I’ll even beat the shit out of your sorry father.” He glanced at the twins and then back at me. “Wouldn’t it be such a shame if someone were to ruin them at such a young age?”

                I shoved him off me roughly. “You stay away from my kids and my family,” I hissed, shaking violently. I always shook when I got angry. Right before I snapped.

                “Ben. Let’s go,” Ali begged, grabbing my arm. “Please.” Getting in a fight here would be very, very bad. I knew that. I allowed Ali to drag me away. I grabbed the shopping cart and pushed it away from my mom and Derik.

                We went to the check out and then loaded the groceries and the boys into the car before leaving the store.

                “I fucking hate them!” I exploded as I drove us home. “Ben, watch your language,” Ali said silently. I snapped my mouth shut and glanced at the twins. They were sitting in their car seats, staring out of the windows sleepily. They hadn’t napped today. They would be massively cranky.

                We got home and put the groceries away. I went into the kitchen to help my dad get ready for dinner while Ali took the boys to the bathroom for their baths.

                I didn’t tell dad that I saw the bitch and her husband. No need to worry him. He would freak out about it for days, trying to protect the family. I didn’t want to admit it, but I knew that I was terrified of Derik. He would really do it. He could beat me. Hell, he could kill me. And I knew he wanted to.