Raising The Emo Bad Boy's Kids...Great {21}

Dad was glaring in pure fury. I hurried and pulled the covers over me and Ali. Ali was awake now. I glanced at my alarm clock and realized we had been asleep for about an hour or two.

                My arms tightened around Ali as she began to tremble in fear. “You two get your sorry asses dressed and get downstairs!” he shrieked. He slammed my bedroom door and Ali faced me.

                “Oh my god Ben. He’s going to kill us,” she whispered. I kissed her deeply. “No. Let me handle it, okay?” She nodded and we got out of bed and put on our clothes. I grabbed a random shirt and put it on, deciding I should be fully dressed for this.

                We went downstairs holding hands and dad was tapping his foot in the living room. Ali and I sat down on the couch together.

                “How DARE you break your promise to me Benjamin Robert! And in my own damn house!” dad screamed furiously. Ali was trembling again.

                “Dad, calm down. We used protection,” I said quietly. “I don’t give a damn! You still promised me you wouldn’t have sex after the twins were born!” “And you promised me when I was 5 years old that you would never leave me,” I snapped.

                “Oh stop it Ben. You already know how much agonizing guilt I feel over trying to rescue you and Jeydyn from your mother. Now you having sex has nothing to do with what happened when you were 5 years old!”

                He took a deep breath. “Ali, I want you back at your parents’ house. Either that or I want you on the damn couch.”

                “And why does she have to leave? She can take my room and I’ll take the couch!” I cried angrily, wrapping my arms around her. “Look dad, I’m 18. And when Ali and I move out and get an apartment together, we’re sleeping in the same bed again anyways. So why stop it now?”

                “Because you are 18 years old with 2 kids Benjamin! Use your head! You’re smarter than this!” he cried angrily. “Yea, well I used a fucking condom!” I yelled angrily.

                “You will not swear at me Benjamin. I have put up with you and your language and habits for 3 years but this is where I draw the line. I love you Ben, and this is why I don’t want you doing this! Your life is hard enough as it is; don’t make it harder,” he said desperately.

                I stood up and glared. I pulled Ali up with me. “We’re going to bed now because we’re tired,” I hissed. “No. Absolutely not. You two will not sleep in the same bed!” he snapped. “Watch us,” I said simply.

                “If you do I’ll-” “You’ll what dad? Kick us out with two infants? Or kick us out and leave you with our kids? You gonna ground me from the life I don’t have? Kick Ali out so the boys don’t have their mother around to care for them while I’m at work? Gonna stick me in the corner and tell me I’m in time out? There is no punishment anymore. You can take away all you want from me but I don’t have time for it anyways. And Ali isn’t your daughter so you can’t ground her or whatever. Goodnight dad.”

                I pulled Ali away from my speechless dad up to my bedroom. I locked the door and pulled Ali over to the bed. “I told you to let me handle it,” I said with a small smile. I gently kissed her lips as we laid down together.

                “He’s going to be so mad Ben,” she whispered. “Who cares? He’ll get over it eventually,” I said with a slight shrug as I wrapped my arms around her again. She kissed my cheek before closing her eyes sleepily. She was out in about 5 minutes.

                I held her and let my mind wonder. What would my dad do to us? Was there even anything he really could do to us? We were 18 and had 2 kids to care for. We didn’t have time to do anything fun anyways so there was nothing to really ground us from. He wouldn’t kick us out. He loved me too much to do that.

                I grinned a little. We’d probably just get the silent treatment. I nearly laughed. God I’d take the silent treatment over getting the living shit beat out of me like my mom used to do when I pissed her off.

                I kissed Ali’s forehead gently before closing my eyes and falling asleep. We woke up in the morning and shared a kiss, happy the boys hadn’t woken up in the middle of the night. We got up and made our way to the boys’ room.

                They weren’t in their cribs. “My grandma must have gotten them,” I said before taking Ali’s hand in mine. I couldn’t help myself as I kissed her again. I loved her so, so much.

                She smiled as we walked downstairs. The boys were sitting in front of the TV. “Mommy, daddy, come on!” they cried together, motioning us over. We laughed and sat with them.

                I laughed again. Lilo and Stitch. We pulled the twins into our laps as we watched the animated movie with them. My dad walked in and glared at us but didn’t say anything. Yep, the silent treatment. Real mature dad.