Raising The Emo Bad Boy's Kids...Great {4}

“Knock knock,” I said jokingly as I stood outside Jeydyn’s door. She answered it and smiled widely. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into her room before shutting her door. She pulled me over to her bed and crawled in.

                I smiled brightly and crawled in with her. I wrapped my arms around her lovingly. “Benny, will you read me a story?” she asked. I glanced at her curiously. “Aren’t you a little too old for that Jey?”

                She frowned deeply. “You haven’t read to me in 3 years. I sit outside the twins’ room when you read to them.” I desperately fought back my emotions. What had I done to this poor little girl?

                I slowly got out of the bed. “What story?” I asked her. She smiled widely. “Goodnight Moon!” she said eagerly. I used to read that to her every night when I was still the one raising her.

                I grabbed the book and sat down with Jeydyn. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her close to me. She placed her head on my chest and snuggled up to me. I read the story to her and kissed her forehead. “Goodnight Jeydyn. I love you so much,” I whispered.

                “I love you too Benny,” she said and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and we closed our eyes, still holding each other. I heard Shane start crying and Jeydyn tightened her grip on me. I slowly shifted to get out of the bed.

                “Don’t leave me Ben!” she begged desperately. “Jey, I have to. He’s sick,” I said quietly. “No! Let Ali do it! Daddy says she never does anything!” I looked at her and sighed. “Ali!” I yelled. “Ali go get Shane!”

                I smiled and relaxed back with Jeydyn.

                                                                                ***Ali’s POV***

                “Ali! Ali go get Shane!” Ben’s voice yelled from Jeydyn’s room.  I glared in the direction of her room before making my way up to the boys’ bedroom. Shane was crying in his crib. I picked him up and gently rocked him. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

                Instead of answering, he threw up.

                I sighed and bit my lip before I could yell for Ben. Shawn was sitting up, frowning. “Go to sleep Shawn,” I said sternly before carrying Shane out of the room.

                I brought him downstairs and started up the bath water. I set him down. “Sit here baby. I’ll be right back,” I promised before hurrying upstairs. I cleaned up his puke before running back downstairs.

                I shut off the tub water and carefully placed Shane in it. I bathed him and took him out. I dried him off with a towel and got him new clothes.

                He wrapped his arms around my neck and whimpered.

                “You better take him to the doctor tomorrow.” I spun at the sound of JJ’s quiet voice. “Yea. I’ll take him,” I said, avoiding his eyes. He sighed and hesitated. “Thank you,” he said at last. “Thank you for letting him have tonight with Jeydyn.”

                I sighed and gently rubbed Shane’s back. “JJ, let him go to Chris’s party. I can take care of the boys that day. You’re right. He does everything and he needs a break. If Shane’s feeling better, I’ll drive them to the park or something while Ben goes to the party.”

                JJ’s face lit up. I knew how much he deeply loved his son. He was constantly concerned about Ben’s health. He was terrified that all the stress would harm him. It had already brought back his old anger issues and multiplied them to a frightening extent.

                He left the room and I carried Shane back up to his room. Shawn was asleep by now. I kissed Shane’s head and placed him back in his crib. “Don’t go mommy,” he whimpered. I picked him up and carried him downstairs to the couch.

                I sat down with him and turned on the Lion King for us to watch. I gently stroked his hair as we watched the movie. I really wished Ben would come help me. I didn’t know how to make Shane fall asleep.

                “I want daddy,” he whined after we watched TV for a little. “Shane, daddy’s busy,” I said nervously. He shook his head furiously, tears gathering in his eyes. “I want my daddy!” he cried. I hushed him and rocked him gently.

                “Shane, daddy’s busy,” I repeated firmly. He started crying. “Daddy!” he yelled. “Shane! Stop!” I begged. Jeydyn needed this. She needed to be with him for a night.

                I sighed, knowing he was going to get up if I didn’t stop him. I carried Shane upstairs and opened Jeydyn’s door. Ben looked ready to jump out of the bed. Jeydyn was gripping him tightly, panic in her eyes.

                “What’s wrong? What does he need?” Ben demanded in concern. I shook my head. “He’s fine Ben. I came in here to tell you that. Stay here; I’ve got it.” He shook his head. “He was screaming for me Ali. What do you need Shane?” His tone got softer by the end of that.

                Shane was still crying. “Daddy!” he sobbed and reached his arms out at Ben. “He just wants you to hold him Ben. He’ll be fine if you don’t,” I said, nodding slightly at Jeydyn. “You’re busy.”

                I turned my back to him. “No!” Shane screamed. “I want my daddy!” He tried desperately to get away from me. “Shane stop it!” I snapped and shut Jeydyn’s door. “Daddy!” he screamed. He continued to shriek for Ben. I sighed. It was going to be a long night.