Raising The Emo Bad Boy's Kids...Great {24}

“I’ll be right over,” I said and hung up the phone. “Ben? What’s wrong?” Ali asked in concern as the boys continued to giggle with the dog. “I have to go to Chris’s right now. I’ll be back later,” I said and left the house before they could question me.

                I got in the car and drove to Chris’s house. He let me in and we went up to his room. “What happened?” I demanded. He was shaking.

                “I…well, yesterday, the mall was closed so we couldn’t get shit for college. And you were already working my shift so my mom said I would take your shift on Christmas to make up for it so that you could spend the day with the boys. Well, I ended up going to a party. I got mad drunk dude and I slept with her and I don’t think I used a fucking condom!” He buried his face in his hands and groaned.

                “You slept with her?!” I exploded. “You fucking dumbass!” “I was drunk!” he cried angrily. “I didn’t know what I was doing! I’m lucky I even remember doing it!”

                “Chris you idiot! What are you going to do if you got her pregnant?” He narrowed his eyes at me. “Oh no. Oh hell no BJ. No offence, but I’m not going to make the same mistake as you and get weighed down with a kid when I’m a teenager. I have less than 2 months until I leave for college. A kid isn’t fucking that up for me.”

                “Chris, you can’t abandon a kid like that!” I said, knowing full well he could and would. “You were going to abandon the twins. What does it matter? I don’t know for sure if I even knocked that bitch up!”

                “What if your dad abandoned you just to run the restaurant?” I asked angrily. “Good for my dad! I wouldn’t care!” he snapped.

                “Christopher, you’re a dumbass,” I growled. “Shut up Benjamin,” he hissed, standing up angrily. I stood up as well. “I’m not going to be like you. I told you to ditch Ali when you found out you knocked her up. For some stupid reason, you didn’t listen to me!” he snapped.

                “Because I wasn’t going to be a coward and abandon my kids!” I yelled angrily, swinging my fist at him. It hit him in the cheek and his head snapped to the side. “Oh you’re going down Jarvis,” he growled and jumped on me. We fell to the ground punching at each other. God I was going to kick his sorry ass.

                “Chris! Ben!” his mom screamed, coming into his room. “Fuck you Ben!” Chris cried, hitting me in the face. I kicked him in the chest and he fell back choking. “Boys stop!” Mrs. Saccento shrieked.

                “Jason!” she screamed out of Chris’s door. Jason was Mr. Saccento’s name. I heard him running up the stairs as I jumped on Chris and let my fists fly at him. He punched me in the throat and I gasped for breath.

                He flung me to the ground and started kicking at me. “Christopher stop!” Mr. Saccento yelled, coming into the room. He punched me in the face and blood exploded out of my nose. I punched him as hard as I could in the eye and he cried out in pain.

                Mr. Saccento grabbed Chris and restrained him as he moved at me again. I rolled over and tried to get up but Chris kicked me in the stomach so hard I collapsed back to the ground coughing violently. Cheap fucking shot.

                “Christopher Adrian stop it right now!” his dad screamed. Chris was glaring at me in disgust. I sat up slowly and wiped my nose on my sleeve, instantly covering my sleeve in blood. “Oh dear lord Jason, look at his nose!” Mrs. Saccento cried.

                “I’m fine,” I growled, realizing just how badly it was bleeding and not caring. Blood was starting to soak my shirt from my nose.

                “Christopher, what is the mea-” Now she gasped as she faced Chris. “Oh your eye!” she cried in horror. Chris’s eye was quickly swelling and turning a nasty purple-blue color.

                “Get him an ice pack. And dammit, get Ben a towel!” Mr. Saccento cried. Mrs. Saccento hurried down stairs and Mr. Saccento sat Chris on his bed. He helped me up and sat me next to Chris. I was shaking angrily as my nose bled.

                “What the hell is wrong with you two?” Jason boomed angrily. “Ben’s a sorry fucker!” Chris snapped. “Chris, stop swearing!” Jason snapped. “Why were you two fighting?” We both stayed silent. As angry as I was at him, I wasn’t going to sell him out to his parents. I wasn’t that low.

                “Well?” he demanded, growing impatient quickly. “He was talking shit about my family,” I growled at last, which was partially true. Chris didn’t argue. He would rather get in trouble for insulting my family then for drunkenly fucking a whore.

                Jason shook his head. Mrs. Saccento, whose name was Abby, entered the room and handed me a towel. She gently placed the ice pack on Chris’s eye. “Ow mom! Jesus!” he snapped. “Sorry!” she cried and pulled it off. She handed it to him and he carefully held it to his eye.

                Jason took a deep breath. “Chris, apologize to Ben. Right now.” “Sorry Ben,” Chris growled. I remained silent. “I’ll take you home Ben,” Jason said and I nodded and followed him out to the car.

                We started to drive in silence but Jason broke it. “Ben, you and Chris have been close friends ever since you were little. You guys always fight, but not like this. What was it really about?” he asked gently.

                “Family,” I said quietly. Jason sighed. “I’m sorry about your nose Ben,” he said as we pulled into my driveway. “We’ll get your car back to you by tonight,” he promised as he got out of the car and walked me to the door.

                Dad opened the door and gasped. “Ben! Christ on his throne what happened to your nose?!” he screamed. Jason frowned deeply. “I am so sorry JJ. Chris punched him. It’s my fault. I wasn’t keeping an eye on the boys!” His frown got even deeper.

                “I’m sorry about Chris’s eye,” I grumbled before walking into my house. “Daddy!” the boys screamed and ran over to me, the dog following.

                It accidentally knocked Shawn over and he hit the ground and started crying. I sighed and sat next to him. I would get blood on him if I picked him up. “You’re okay Shawn,” I soothed as he sobbed. Ali ran downstairs and gasped.

                “Benjamin what happened to your nose?!” she cried. “Long story. Take Shawn so I don’t get blood on him,” I said. She leaned down and picked him up, gently trying to calm him down.

                Shane stared at me curiously. “Daddy, are you okay?” he asked. I nodded. “I’m fine Shane. Stay with mommy. I need to take a shower,” I said, offering him a smile.

                I went to the bathroom and stripped off my clothes. My shirt was stained with blood. I sighed and pulled the bloody towel away from my nose before turning on the water and stepping into the shower.

                I allowed the hot water to wash away my blood and Chris’s problems.