22

"Blake, you're going to be late," Yang said from the living room. I knew that I was going to be late. Nix was being fussy again. It's hard to believe that now it's been four months since he's been born. Finally I was able to get him to calm down.

"I'm coming," I called. I had Nix on my hip as I walked out of the bedroom. My son began to play with my hair. "Nix, my hair isn't a toy." I heard Yang chuckle.

"To him it is. He's only four months old," Yang commented. I rolled my eyes as Nix continued to play with my raven hair. "Give him to me before you get stressed out." I handed the infant to the woman. Immediately Nix started to play with her blonde hair. Yang just smiled and laughed softly. I sighed softly and couldn't conceal my smile. "Now let's get going before you're really late for the show."

"Alright, but you're in charge of him," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Oh and Andie will be meeting us there with the others," Yang added. Well that's good to know. Everyone is going to be backstage. Although, this is my first concert since Nix was born. I haven't seen let alone spoken to Logan. I was afraid that Logan would try to go near my son. Yang could see the fear and tension consuming me slowly. "Don't worry so much. You'll be fine."

I looked at her. "That's not what I'm worried about," I flatly said. Yang was confused. I looked at my son in her arms. Yang's gaze traveled to the boy. "I'm afraid that he would try to get near him."

"Trust me, he won't. Andie and I will make sure of that." She sounded so confident. She doesn't even know what the man's capable of. He likes to control. I just wish I knew that sooner. Yang kissed me to help reassure me. It helped a little. We looked into each other's eyes once the kiss was broken. "And I won't let him get near you." Hearing that caused me to briefly smile. Then the three of us left the apartment to head off to the venue. Having Yang with me helped a little bit. I didn't worry so much now since I know I have her to protect and support me.

~ Thirty Minutes Later ~

"There you are," Cher said with relief.

"Sorry. He was being a bit fussy before we left," I explained. Andie walked over to me and embraced me in a hug. I leaned close to her ear. "You still good with performing?"

"Yep!" Andie was excited. I needed her help with one of the songs I'm singing tonight. I found out from Stella about Andie's interesting talent. "When are you singing it," she pondered.

"Last song for the night." Andie nodded with her beaming and confident smile. Why do I have a distinct feeling that she might pursue this line of work?

"Blake, you're on," Pierre informed me.

"Thanks Pierre." I turned to Nix and kissed his forehead. He reached out to me, wanting me to hold him.

"Mommy has to do something Nixy," Yang spoke. The boy started to fuss again. I turned around to walk on stage. Everyone cheered. It was nice to hear that sound again. Then I started the first song.

"What'd you expect from me?
It's not my fault you'll never be happy.
Just cause you're right doesn't mean I'm wrong,
Our days were numbered and we knew it all along.
Can't you let things be?
Now all that's left is misunderstandings.
Spent my nights wishing I was gone.
My dad was right, we will never get along.

So I'm done, cause things could never be the same.
This is the last time, this is the last time you'll ever burden me.

I can't believe you got the best of me.
I can't believe I trusted every word you said.
Stretched myself out way too far,
Now I can see you for who you are.
I can't believe you got the best of me.
I can't believe I trusted every word you said.
It's all finally making sense,
You took what's left of my innocence. Oh no,
I can't believe you got the best of me.