6

Five months and she still hasn't shown up. Where could she be? I stared at my scroll, gazing at a picture of us when we were still at Beacon. It was the last picture we took together. She was all cute and smiling like you wouldn't believe and I was kissing her cheek. It came to the point where I had to look away from the picture, closing it down so I wouldn't start crying like I did for four years like a sniveling child. That's it, I can't sit here any longer. I got up and walked downstairs to the front door. "Where are you going Yang," Ruby asked in curiosity.

"I'm going to look for Blake. I can't sit here waiting for her anymore Rubes. I have to find her and apologize for everything I've done to harm her," I said solemnly. Ruby walked up to me and hugged me.

"Just know that you may not find her right away. Don't give up hope though. I know that you will find her. We all miss her Yang. I just wish that she would contact at least one of us to say that she's doing alright," my sister said.

"I know. So do I. None of this would've happened if I didn't show up. It's all my fault that she's gone," I said softly, blaming myself for everything that's happened to her, and even my voice starting to break.

"Hey, this isn't you're fault Yang. I had a feeling that this might happen because of how things would've turned out over time." I was confused to what she was talking about. "Yang, Blake was getting better and it was nice to see that, but deep down I felt like she would fall back down at some point. Weiss and I were able to bring her out of a dark place after a lot of hard work. It all started a month after that mission four years ago. She just wasn't the same after you were gone. Depression took her and it brought her down paths that did more harm than good. Her left forearm is completely scarred from her own destruction. She really missed you Yang, more than anyone actually. More than me and I thought that would be impossible but she didn't say why until two months before graduation, the day she nearly took her life." I gasped and went wide eyed. Blake was that bad while I was gone from her life? I felt so guilty for hurting her. "Yang, go find her. Even though she may not want to be found, you need closure," Ruby said. My sister softly smiled at me with encouragement. I hugged her and then walked out the door, beginning my search for my Faunus girl.

"Where are you Blake," I said under my breath solemnly.

*      *      *

I've been living in this village for several months now. I think it's time to move on, and maybe back to the city. So I went to go find Martyr in the village. "Martyr, do you have a moment," I asked politely. He looked up from what he was doing and smiled at me.

"Yes, of course. Is there something troubling you," the man asked.

"Well not exactly. I just wanted to let you know that I plan on returning to the city," I explained.

"I see. Everyone will miss you, especially the children. But duty calls as they say. Take what you'd like from the guest house, my dear. You're welcome here anytime," the village leader said. He got up from his chair and walked over to me, embracing me in a hug. I smiled and hugged him in return.

"Thank you Martyr. You've all been so kind to me." We broke away from each other and said farewell, that is after he handed me a bag just in case. I thanked him again and walked back to the guest house, gathering the items I needed. I took all of the clothing the village provided me. How could I leave it all here after wearing it for so long? It was all beautiful pieces I might add. They made me feel like myself in a way. Just as I placed the last article of clothing into the bag, little Justin came running in, clinging to my legs. "Justin, what are you doing?"

"Please don't leave Blake," he whimpered, tears starting to fill his innocent eyes. Justin became my little companion around the village when I wasn't out on missions. Everyone knew how much Justin loved me being around. I sighed solemnly, my heart breaking as I saw the boy starting to cry. "Please don't leave."

"Justin, I promise to come back and visit. I need to move on with my life. You understand that don't you?" He nodded his head, still refusing to let go of my legs. I gently pried him off of me and knelt down to his level. "You need to look out for your mom now and the other children. You remember what I taught you?"

"Yes," he said. He started to wipe away his tears.

"Good. Use what I taught you in the time of need. It'll help you, but don't use it when you get into your own personal fights," I said.

"Okay." I hugged him one last time before grabbing the bag and walking out the door with him by my side. "I'm really going to miss you Blake."

"I'm going to miss you too." I ruffled his hair which caused him to laugh. I said goodbye to everyone before I made my way towards the city, the place where I pray that no one finds me.