14

"Let's try Mistral next," I said. Ruby and Weiss nodded in agreement. I wasn't about to give up. We searched through the entire kingdom of Atlas for three years. It's been a long three years honestly. It was even a miracle that I've managed to keep up with this from the little sleep I've gotten the years. The three of us made our way to the nearest port to catch an airship heading for Mistral. Maybe we'll meet up with SSSN again.

"Hey, we should meet up with team SSSN while we're in Mistral," Ruby suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea. It's been years since we saw them," Weiss spoke with a smile. She's been smiling a lot lately. It was creeping me out a bit. I have a feeling that something is going on behind the scenes, besides their relationship of course. I looked at them warily, trying to figure out what's going on between them. Ruby spotted me staring at the two of them.

"Is there a reason why you're staring at us," my sister questioned curiously.

"Is there something going on between the two of you," I asked, being honest and right to the point. The lovebirds looked at each other before looking back at me. My arms crossed as I waited for an answer. Both of them sighed in defeat. Now I was confused.

"Yang, we were going to tell you but we didn't know how or when. You see, Weiss and I are..." Ruby paused, not sure how to put whatever she's trying to tell me. "We're getting married," the young woman admitted. I just stared at them, not knowing what to say. The two of them waited for me to say something.

"Um, this is usually where you say congratulations or something," the heiress remarked.

"Yeah, I'm happy for you." Then I walked away. They both knew that I was affected by their news. Both of them sighed once more. What else could I really say?  Like yeah I was truly happy for them but I'm in pain. Ruby got to be with the one she loved and I'm alone, separated from the one who still holds my heart. At least, I hope she does.

It took us about an hour before we reached the nearest port. We got our tickets and boarded the airship. "We will be leaving shortly. Thank you."

Once on the ship, I kept my distance from the young couple. I stood by a window, staring out into the distance aimlessly. A single tear crawled down my cheek. All I could think about was her. I just wanted Blake back. "I love you Blake," I whispered solemnly.

*      *      *

Prince jumped up onto the couch and curled up with us. I began to stir once I felt someone poke me. When I opened my eyes, I found Ivy standing in front of the couch looking at the young girl and I curled up on the couch. "Good morning," I said groggily.

"Why didn't you sleep with me last night?" Ivy sounded hurt when she asked her question. A small sigh slipped past my lips. I was trying to not wake Andie. She was so exhausted last night and I wanted her get some sleep. "And who's this?"

"This is Andie. I found her in an alley last night on my way to the gig. I just couldn't leave her alone in the dark. A Faunus never leaves one of their own behind," I said, a veil of sadness growing in my eyes. Ivy was confused based on the look on her face. I did my best to get up to prevent waking Andie. Prince stayed with the sleeping girl as I slowly left the comfort and warmth of the couch. I brought Ivy into my room so we could talk without waking my little girl. Ivy was confused to why I brought her into my room.

"Why did you bring me back to your room," the woman questioned.

"To talk so we don't have to wake up Andie," I explained. Ivy crossed her arms. I groaned and rolled my eyes. Seriously, does she have a problem with Andie too? I already have to deal with Logan already having a problem with her. I don't need Ivy to have a problem as well. "Ivy, she was alone and living on the streets. Seeing her cry and being afraid, it reminded me of my past. When I looked into her eyes, I saw me. I just couldn't leave her alone. Andie needed me just as much as I needed her." My friend looked at me if I was crazy. Before Ivy could say anything in reply, Andie appeared in the doorway.