1

Death Stalker: exterminated. Beowolf: exterminated. Ursa: exterminated. Alpha Beowolf: exterminated. I was growing weaker by the minute, fighting off so many Grimm. Just as we finished executing the group of Grimm we had just encountered, another group came charging towards us. "We have to retreat or else we'll be killed," Ruby shouted. That didn't stop her sister, my partner, our friend. Yang wiped the blood from her lips and stood her ground, facing the new challengers. "Yang! Come on!"

"Go! I'll hold them off," she yelled back in reply.

"Are you crazy?! You're going to get yourself killed," I shouted, panting afterwards.

"Blake and Ruby are right! We need to leave now," Weiss added.

"I said go! I'm not going to tell you again!" Ruby and Weiss were hesitant but they listened to her. Were they insane?! We can't just leave her here! She can't fight off this many Grimm on her own! I ran towards my partner, ready for a fight. Yang heard me coming and stopped me, throwing me towards our teammates. "Go!"

"Yang, I'm not leaving you here alone," I cried. Yang shot a glare in our direction, her eyes burning red and her hair set aflame. No, no, no! I got back up and was about to run back to her side, but I was held back by my teammates. That was when the first Grimm got close enough to strike, having her slam her fist into its skull, firing a bullet to make the kill. "Yang! No! YANG!" I was being pulled away against my will. Then I witnessed something that would forever haunt me. Yang had fallen to her knees, keeling over. Tears were already stinging and filling our eyes from having to leave her. Yang didn't get back up and the Grimm didn't bother with her anymore. They came after us. "YANG!"

I shot up in bed, panting and sweating. Tears filled my eyes once again and slowly crept down my face. Why did she have to be so reckless and heroic? Just why? I silently sobbed, wishing that she was still here. "Blake," Ruby questioned tiredly. I looked over at my leader, who was now nineteen. "Are you okay?" She knew very well that I was far beyond okay. Weiss was woken up by the sound of Ruby's voice breaking the silence of the night. The heiress frowned at me, growing tired of seeing me in so much pain. Weiss threw the covers off of her and walked over to my bed, sitting down on the edge and holding me in her arms.

"I just wish she was still here. I just want her back," I cried softly.

"We all do Blake but we can't change the past. You need to stop torturing yourself by this," Weiss said.

"I can't! That day is burned into my memory and I'm forever haunted by it! I watched her die while you pulled me back! How can I let go of this," I sobbed. Ruby sighed and jumped down from her bed. It hit all of us pretty hard knowing that Yang was never coming back. In two months we're going to be graduating from Beacon and setting out into the real world. What were we going to do after that? Stick together? Go our separate ways?

The fabric of my sleeve rubbed the wrong way against my forearm, making me wince. "Blake, where's the blade," Ruby questioned. I let go of Weiss and opened the book I was currently reading, removing the blade from being hidden between the pages. Ruby stuck her hand out and I reluctantly placed it in her hand. "You need to stop this Blake. If you don't, then we may lose you too. Do you think Yang would've wanted this?" Just hearing her name was painful enough. Weiss gently wrapped one hand around my wrist and pushed my sleeve up with the other, revealing my fresh cuts. The two of them sighed solemnly.

"I should've helped her. I was her partner and yet I let her go to fight to her death. I-I can't forgive myself for l-letting her do that on her own," I whimpered, fresh tears falling. Ruby and Weiss began to cry with me. I always took the blame for her untimely death. No matter how hard and how much they try to convince me that it wasn't, I just end up getting worse. Taking the blame was almost like an antidote to my suffering, just like the cutting.

"Blake, Yang chose to fight alone. You need to stop blaming yourself for what happened," my leader said softly. There was something that Weiss and Ruby didn't know. Yang and I were in love.

"I told you that I can't! Don't you get it?! I lost my best friend, my partner, my own girlfriend that day! How can I not blame myself for letting this happen," I shouted. "I couldn't even tell her one last time that I loved her!" The two of them were shocked, their eyes growing wide to prove it. My heart is beyond repair. No one can save me now from my despair, my suffering, my depression. I'm broken beyond repair. I needed my antidote again. "Ruby, give it back to me."

"Blake, enough is enough. You're not going to get the blade back. I'm letting you destroy yourself anymore." I hissed at her, bringing out my claws to do the deed. They both gasped as I held back my screams. I promised myself not to do it in front of them but I was giving no choice. "Blake!" I gritted my teeth as I dug my claws deeper and deeper. Weiss grabbed my arm, pulling my hand away so I would stop. I was panting heavily.

"Blake? Blake, look at me. Blake," Weiss said, her voice slowly fading. Did I finally do it? Was I finally going to be free from this madness? "Blake!"

*      *      *

I felt a gentle grip on my hand. My eyes slowly pried themselves open to only be blinded by the sunlight pouring through the windows to fill the room. "Yang," I softly questioned, hoping to hear her voice. However, it wasn't her. It was just Ruby and Weiss, Ruby being the one holding my hand.

"No Blake. It's Ruby and Weiss," Ruby replied. It was like the look of relief filled their eyes. Once I realized where I was, my eyes darkened with depression. I didn't make it. I didn't get to see her. There was something around my right wrist. I gasped once I saw what it was. Yang's orange scarf! Well what was left of it for being the only piece found when someone went back to retrieve her body. I broke down in tears when I gazed upon the warm colored fabric. "Blake, calm down. Alright? Take a deep breath before you start hyperventilating."

"Where... Where did you get this," I sniffled.

"Qrow brought it back a few days later once we returned to Beacon. He gave it to Ruby. I was the only other person who knew about this. We didn't want to tell you because you were so unstable. But once you told us a few nights ago about your relationship with Yang, Ruby and I decided that you should have it," Weiss explained. Did she just say a few days ago? I looked down at my left arm, seeing it wrapped up.

"I just want to be with her again," I said softly, my voice completely dead.

"We know Blake. We wish that she was still here. We wish to see you smile again like you used to four years ago," Ruby said solemnly. I pulled my hand out of her gentle hold and turned on my right side, facing the windows. My two remaining teammates sighed and took that as they cue to leave. "We'll come back tomorrow to see how you're doing."

I was dead silent. What Weiss said just as she was about to leave the room really hit me like a ton of bricks. "We love you Blake. Just know that we'd do anything to help you through this." I began crying again. I just want this pain to go away for good.