5

"Hey guys, we have a mission," I called from downstairs of our little house we share.

"Wait, really," Weiss questioned.

"Yeah. Now come on! We have to go to Mistral," I said.

"Traveling far this time, huh little sister," Yang said with her cheeky smile.

"Just grab what you need and then we need to get going."

"Wait, what's our mission," Weiss asked.

"We're partnering up with SSSN to do a protection detail for an important assembly." I missed those guys. It was fun having them around.

"Wait, do they know that Blake isn't here anymore," Yang questioned solemnly. I shook my head. "Okay. Let's try not to talk about it when they bring it up."

"Agreed," Weiss and I replied.

*      *      *

I killed the last Grimm here. The Boarbatusk squealed when I drove Gambol Shroud through its body. Finally done with this mission. I put Gambol Shroud away on my back and made my way for the village nearby that requested my assistance. My right forearm was hurting a bit from the minor wound I got from fighting a Beowolf. Usually I'm better than this but something inside of me is holding me back it feels like. "Mommy, the huntress is back!" Everyone in the village was pleased to see me again. I've helped this village on several occasions already these past five months. I stayed away from the city for a bit. It was the best way to stay away from everyone. The little boy came running over to me. He hugged my leg and I just laughed. "You're hurt," he said as he noticed my forearm.

"It's nothing I can't handle, Justin," I said while ruffling his hair. He let go of my leg and brought me over to his mother. "Justin, I'll be alright." His mother saw my arm as well.

"Blake, let's get that cleaned up before it gets infected," Justin's mother said. They brought me into their home and the woman tended to my arm.

"Thank you Cyan. I appreciate it," I said in gratitude.

"You're more than welcome, dear. Justin really likes you," she said as she finished up. I looked at the boy and he showed me his big smile. These people are so friendly. "You should go see Martyr now." I nodded and thanked her again. Justin wanted to come along but his mother held him back, making him pout. Justin was a sweet little boy. Everyone in this village likes me to an extent.

"Blake, you've returned! I take it that your mission was a success," Martyr asked.

"Yes sir. The Grimm that were bothering you from the south have been taken care of," I replied.

"I see that Cyan has taken care of you already." He nodded towards my arm.

"Yes, she did. Everyone in your village have been kind to me each time I visit."

"You're one of the best huntresses we've had come to the village. The children look up to you even," the leader spoke. The children look up to me? I didn't know I caused that much of an impact. "As promised, here's fifty lien." He handed me the money and I thanked him for it. He did want to give me more but I refused to take the sum he was originally going to give me.

"Thank you Martyr. You know how to reach me if you need help," I said, nodding respectfully.

"Why don't you stick around for a bit this time? You seem at ease here. You may stay in my guest house if you'd like Blake," he offered.

"I'd like that. Thank you," I said with a smile. Martyr led me to his guest house and let me get settled in. I could get used to this. I have less of a chance of seeing Ruby, Weiss, Yang, Jaune. Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren if I stay here for a bit. I placed Gambol Shroud on the table and went to get cleaned up. I was surprised that there were some clothes provided. I saw that there was a note on one of the jackets hanging up in the closet. So I took it off and decided to read it.

'Blake,

Our village is in your debt. You've shown us your dedication to your profession. Since I had a feeling that you would stay with us for a period of time in the future, I had some clothes made for you for when you do stay with us. I hope they're to your liking. Everything you may need is already provided for you.

Sincerely,

Martyr'

I smiled as I read the note. They were all too kind. I think I'll stay here for a bit. This village needs help frequently. It's better to have someone close by to take care of any problems rather than wait for a period of time.

*      *      *

We arrived in Mistral and was greeted by team SSSN. "Sup losers," Sun greeted.

"Hey Sun. It's been a while," I said.

"You certainly haven't changed a bit," my sister said. The four boys were surprised, well more like shocked, to see Yang again.

"I thought that she died four years ago," Neptune questioned.

"I was given orders not to contact anyone while on a mission I was given by Ozpin four years ago," the blonde explained. I was glad to have my sister back though. Weiss seemed to enjoy her company as well. Neptune and Weiss met each other's gaze and smiled. Well looks like they're rekindling something.

"Where's Blake," Scarlet questioned. We all frowned. "Did I hit a sore spot? My apologies if I did."

"No, it's alright Scarlet. We don't know what happened to her. She disappeared after graduation and after, well, Yang showing up," I explained.

"Have you tried looking for her," Sun asked in a worried tone.

"Yes," Weiss said. "And we had no luck." We ended that conversation and then walked to our destination for our mission. Sun explained the entire plan and we agreed to it. We took our positions and waited patiently, keeping an eye on our surroundings. I wonder how Blake is doing. Maybe she's doing missions on her own for the time being.