2

It was about two days after Blake woke up when we brought her back to the dorm. She immediately collapsed on her bed and fell asleep. Weiss and I began working on our assignments for the time being, letting the Faunus girl rest. "What are we going to do," I asked Weiss. She looked up from her assignment.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean what are we going to do about Blake? How can we ease her pain when we don't even know if she will ever heal?"

"I don't know Ruby. We just have to do our best to be here for he-"

"YANG," Blake cried out. Weiss and I turned our attention to our friend, finding her crying and shaking. I got up and went her bed, sitting down on it. I gently placed my hand on her shoulder and that woke her up. She met my gaze, completely breaking down. All I could think of was to hold her as she cried and that's what I did. "I'm sorry..."

"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry about. We're going to help you get better, okay," I said softly in her ear. All she did was nod and buried her face into the side of my neck as she cried. I rubbed her back, remembering that Yang would do this when Blake got worked up. Slowly the girl calmed down. "Better?" She nodded softly and even loosened her grip around me. Blake had fallen asleep again. I smiled deftly at her as I carefully laid her back down on her bed, even kissing the top of her head. Blake unconsciously formed a small smile from my little action.

"You truly are almost like your sister Ruby," Weiss said softly, not wanting to wake the young feline.

"Not really. Right now, Blake needs those little things just to keep her calm and even sane. I just remember Yang doing that sometimes and it helped Blake a lot. If we're going to start somewhere, then why not start with baby steps with little things that she's familiar with?" Weiss smiled at me and nodded in agreement. Then we returned to our assignments before getting a quick bite to eat, bringing something back for Blake since she was still asleep when we left to get something. It sure has been one interesting day. "Goodnight Weiss," I said before climbing up onto my bed.

"Goodnight Ruby," my partner replied. We would've said goodnight to Blake but she had fallen asleep after eating a little something.

*      *      *

The day went by slow and Blake was quiet, or at least quieter than she normally is. "You doing alright Blake," Jaune asked warily.

"I-I guess," she replied, being shy about it. Jaune then noticed the scrap of torn fabric on Blake's wrist, recognizing the orange hue. He was about to say something when I stopped him. I didn't need her to hear my sister's name again right now. This has been hard enough on all of us as it is. Having Blake in the state she's in now doesn't help our situation.

"Do you guys have a plan for after graduation," I asked towards JNPR.

"Sorta. Nora and Ren are sticking together when Jaune and I are," Pyrrha explained. "What about you guys? Have you really taken much thought on it?" Blake, Weiss, and I all looked at each other. I shrugged my shoulders.

"We're not sure yet. Right now we're just trying to tackle one thing at a time," Weiss stated. JNPR knew what we meant instantly without explanation. "But I wouldn't mind having the three of us sticking together after we graduate." Blake looked at the heiress, there was a little spark in her eyes of... Happiness? Blake even smiled a little. I smiled and looked at Weiss.

"I think sticking together is a great idea," I said. Hearing that made Blake cheer up a bit. We were finally getting somewhere. The girl actually smiled for real rather than for an act. Weiss and Blake agreed on that.

"Looks like you just figured it out," Jaune said. Weiss and I chuckled a little. The bell rang, telling us that lunch was over. We cleaned up our trays and headed off to our next class. "See you guys later."

"See ya."