10

"Hey Weiss, look at this," I said, pointing out the advertisement poster for an up coming concert for an artist neither of us heard of before. "What do you think?" Weiss looked at the poster I was pointing to. She studied it, taking in the information. We were on our way home and this was at the end of our street, practically right next to the house.

"Hm, I guess we could go. Do you think we should ask Yang to see if she wants to come," Weiss asked. That was a good question. I have a feeling Yang will say no since she's so determined to find Blake. Weiss and I never mentioned that Blake contacted us recently. We both knew that Yang would ask us a billion questions until she gets the answers she's looking for. It seems like Blake really doesn't want to be found. Was there more to why she doesn't want to be found? Is she hiding something to protect herself or even those once close to her?

"I don't know. I have a feeling that she'll be looking for Blake anyways," I said. Weiss and I both sighed.

"You're probably right. We might as well get going. It's going to start soon."

"Alright. Let me just leave a note for Yang." Weiss nodded and waited for me at the door.

"Yang,

Weiss and I are going out for a bit. Probably won't be home until late tonight.

~ Ruby"

I left the note on the counter for Yang to find. I joined Weiss and the two of us left to go to the venue.

*      *      *

When we got to the stadium, the concert already started. The singer's voice was remarkable. Weiss and I stayed towards the back. For a new singer, this place is packed. Where was this girl before she hit the big leagues? There was something about her that seemed familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it. Although, my answer was given when the girl spoke. "Everyone having a good time," she asked. Everyone in the crowd cheered. Weiss and I just looked at each other with the looks of disbelief. It can't be. "This next song is called Better Off Dead." Everyone cheered again.

"She says she wants to end it all when she's all alone in her room

She cries
The way she feels inside is too much for her
When all you got is these four walls
It's not that hard to feel so small
Or even exist at all
How come no one heard her when she said

Maybe I'm better off dead
If I was would it finally be enough
To shut out all those voices in my head?
Maybe I'm better off dead
Better off dead!
Did you hear a word
Hear a word I said?
This is not where I belong
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
Gone, gone
This is not where I belong
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

She doesn't know she's beautiful
'Cause no one's ever told her so
And the demons that she hides are all she knows
And maybe she can fall in love with someone in her life that she could trust
And tell her she's enough (will someone tell her she's enough?)
How come no one heard her when she said

Maybe I'm better off dead
If I was would it finally be enough
To shut out all those voices in my head?
Maybe I'm better off dead
Better off dead!
Did you hear a word
Hear a word I said?
This is not where I belong
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
This is not where I belong
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

When all you got is these four walls
It's not hard to feel so small
When all you got is these four walls
It's not hard to feel so small
All she wanted was to be enough
So what does it take?
Maybe it's not too late
Yeah no one heard her when she said