He Teaches You To Dance Like A Newsie

So sorry I haven't been updating but I will maybe update later this week since I'll be on a bus for 8 hours tomorrow. So sorry!!

Jack

You were honestly sick of learning to try and dance from stupid dance classes. It cost you 50 cents for 2 weeks worth of it, so you decided to quit today. You were a washer, so it's not like it applied to you. But, it sucked knowing that you can't dance and almost everyone else can.

You sat alone on the statue pedestal, watching the Newsies. Jack came over and hoisted himself up and next to you. "Hey Cowgirl", he said, passing a newspaper to Racetrack as he walked by. "Hey", you responded. "What's the matta wit' ya? Youse fine this mornin' and youse been real upset. Something's wrong", he said as he scored closed to you and out an arm around you. "I can't dance or do nothin' except clean."

"Well, I can't clean, but I can do everythin' else. So we're kinda even", he said, obviously trying to make you feel better. "There's no way I can learn to dance now", you said. "What if da Newsies taught ya?" Blink said as he stood in front of you. "Yeah!! What if we taught youse to dance? Newsies style", Jack said. "I can't do the kinda stuff you-" "Oh come on (y/n), it'll make you feel better and the better you feel the more you'll wanna be around people and the more your around people I'll be there to kick their asses halfway to Brooklyn", he said. You giggled. "Fine. But you have ten minutes", you said. "That's all we need. NEWSIES!!" Jack yelled and whistled. All the newsies stopped what they were doing and gathered around the statue.

"Why don't we do a little dancin' today eh?" Jack yelled over the crowd of boys. They all murmured in agreement and Jack jumped off the statue. "Let's do it."

~10 Minutes Of Dancing Later~

Jack walked up to you and took you by your waist and set you on the ground. "Youse gonna learn how ya dance", He said, pulling you into the dancing square of newsboys.

But the end of the day, you fell asleep in the lodging house on Jack's arm after a long day of dancing. "Night my dancer", he said and kissed your forehead.

Davey

You tried again. You were upset that you can't do an A La Second Turn even though you've know how to do Ballet for years now. You slid on the hardwood floor of the empty lodging house and onto your butt. You got up and tried again. Davey had come in to get away from the heat, but when he saw you, he stopped and stared at you trying to do an A La. You stopped and stumbled, ready to face-plant the floor when a couple strong arms stopped you. You opened your eyes and looked up.

Davey had both arms around you and smiled. "How ya doin'?" He asked as he helped you up. "Fine. Upset, but fine", you responded, kissing his cheek. "Cause you can't do a turn? That's easy!!" He said and got out a piece of newspaper, laying it on the hardwood floor. "You really think it's that-" he started to turn and spin, spinning faster and raising his arms up over his head. He stopped and bowed, moving the paper with his foot to you.

"Easy? Yes, it is", Davey said, giving you a cocky smile. You stepped onto the piece of paper and kicked off with your foot, starting to spin. You did it correctly and stopped, giving Davey a smirk. "Eat it Jacobs", you said. He laughed. "Sure. Like you're better than me", he said and kissed you.

Spot

You were flat on the floor, staring at the ceiling of the Brooklyn Newsboys' Lodging House. You had slid into the hardwood floor several times now, trying to land a back flip for your next gymnastics test. You did the backflip ok, but when you landed, your legs came in front of you and you landed hard on your butt. You gave up and are now laying down and staring at the ceiling.