Missing - England x Ghost! Reader

~Please, please forgive me,
But I won't be home again.
Maybe someday you'll look up,
And, barely conscious, you'll say to no one:
"Isn't something missing?"~

Arthur Kirkland carried another heavy box into his new home. The Brit grunted in exhaustion as he set it down. He rose back up straight and stretched.

"Bloody hell," he groaned. Why must he have so much stuff he inwardly groaned. His younger brother Alfred had left a while ago to go eat. "That American is always hungry." So all the hard labor has fallen onto the misfortunate man.

----Time Skip----

After all the boxes were out truck and paced inside the large home, Arthur flopped upon his large desk chair with a loud sigh. He noticed something sparkle slightly from under the floor boards. He carefully removed the board to find a small necklace with a pendant attached. The pendant had a lovely gold outline and in the middle were beautiful red roses. Arthur placed in his desk drawer for safe keeping. He couldn't help but hear a nagging voice in the back of his mind. So he thought aloud.

"Isn't something missing?"

~You won't cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?~

That night, Arthur Kirkland lay in his bed. Sleep seemed to be away from him as he lay wide awake. He decided to explore around the older home. To his knowledge, a young couple used to live here, but disappeared many years ago. Since then, it has been abandoned. He soon found an old news paper located in an older new paper rack he found behind an arm rest. Arthur Kirkland flipped it open and saw a attention catching head line: "COUPLE GO MISSING FROM OLD (town name) HOME". He decided to read on.

-June 5, 1954 was the last time anyone saw or heard from _______ ________ and (husband name). They we last seen together at (movie theatre) "They looked so sweet together." says a witness. Said witness says he recalls them laughing and holding hands. Police reports say that there was no sign of a break in. All doors and windows of the home were locked. But there were blood stains littering the kitchen and signs of a struggle. There were bloody objects all around. Without a body, police still cannot determine the weapon used. We hope to find the young couple soon, well and alive. Please go to page 7 for further details on the investigation.-

As he was about to continue reading, Arthur thought he heard a voice calling for him. It was a sad, desperate voice.

"Please....can't anyone hear me!" it pleaded.

"Who said that?!" Arthur called into the air.

The voice gasped. It let out a squeal of happiness. Suddenly, a figure appeared out of thin air. It was of a young woman. She had (h/l) (h/c) hair and beautiful (e/c) eyes. She wore a loose white night gown that went past her knees. A sad smile made its way across her face as she looked at the blonde Brit. She inwardly giggled at his large eyebrows.

"You can see me! I can't believe it!" she cheered. Meanwhile. Arthur was stunned into silence. Sure, he had his fair share of imaginary friends, but this?!

"S-stay back! What are you!?" he shouted while narrowing his big green eyes.

The girls smile faded and made its way back into a frown. "My name is ______ ________," he gasped. That was the name of the young woman who used to live here. "It was in this house I was murdered by husband."

The Brit felt a pang of sadness for the ghost girl. She looked so young, so frail.
"I-I thought you went missing...."

"I never went missing!" the girl snapped. She gestured to her torso. "I was stabbed in the heart. After me and my husband arrived home from the movies, we had a fight. It was something stupid I'm sure. I believe he accused me of hiding money from him. I denied of course. I would never do that! The fight dragged on until he lost it. He grabbed a kitchen knife and plunged it through my chest," she held a pale hand to her heart. "He thought I was dead instantly. But I wasn't. I could hardly breath. He lifted my bleeding body into his truck, tossed me in the trunk, and drove to a field. As we reached the field, I watched him dig a whole, a very deep one. Last thing I saw before my eyes closed, was him carrying me towards the grave, as I bled to death."

~Even though I'm the sacrifice,
You won't try for me, not now.
Though I'd die to know you love me,
I'm all alone.
Isn't someone missing me?

Please, please forgive me,
But I won't be home again.
I know what you do to yourself,
I breathe deep and cry out,
"Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?"~

By now, the ghost girl was crying. No. Sobbing. "I wanted to live! It wasn't fair! It's not fair!" She cried. Arthur was stunned. He came over to the girl and hugged her, only to go through her. He tried again and tried to fit around her body. She hugged him back and cried. He whispered soothing words to her as he stroked back her once (h/c) locks.

"Thank you, I really appreciate....No one has been able to see me for so long."

"Can't you be at rest now?" the blonde asked.

"No, I am forever bond to this house."

Arthur sighed. "Why?"

"I don't know. Something is keeping me here. It has been for 60 years." He nodded and shrugged on his coat. "Where are you going?"

"Oh nowhere. It's just rather cold in here as all," Arthur reached out to the ghost. "Come with me love. I believe I know what's keeping you here.

~And if I bleed, I'll bleed,
Knowing you don't care.
And if I sleep just to dream of you
I'll wake without you there,
Isn't something missing?
Isn't something...~

Arthur led the ghost upstairs and into his room. Moving over to his oak desk, he opened the top drawer and pulled out the necklace he found.

The girl gasped and held the necklace in her pale hands. Tears sprung in her eyes as she rubbed her thumb over the rose. Her body slowly began to fade away from the room.

"Thank you. Thank you so much!" she cried.

Arthur smiled to himself. "You're welcome love. Rest in peace."

The girl sobbed as her body blew away in the open windows wind.

Faintly, as if the wind whistled to him, he could have sworn he heard a voice shout: "I've been found, I'm finally free."

------------------------------------

Arthur stood in front of the head stone of ________ __________. With a bow of the head, he laid (f/c) flowers across the dark green grass.

A few days after you left him, Arthur had contacted the police regarding the location of her body. He couldn't say that a ghost told him, so he did some digging around his home and found the journal of the husband. This explained what happened during the fight, your death, and where you were buried.

Thanks to this, a proper funeral was arranged and the girl could finally be rested in a traditional way.

He pressed his hand against the stone and sighed contently.

Finally, everything was found.

~You won't cry for my absence, I know -
You forgot me long ago.
Am I that unimportant...?
Am I so insignificant...?
Isn't something missing?
Isn't someone missing me?~