America x Reader- Love is Ours

Elevator buttons and morning air
Stranger silence makes me wanna take the stairs
If you were here we'd laugh about their vacant stares
But right now, my time is theirs

You sigh. Standing in the middle of a crowded elevator full of people isn't exactly your cup of tea. You'd normally giggle when you see their straight faces, but unfortunately, you're at work, and these people were your superiors. You wouldn't want them to think you were crazy.

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothin' else to do
The jury's out and my choice is you, so...

You were now sitting in your cubicle, typing up a document for a project. You stopped clacking and took a sip of your coffee. You cringed. It tasted cheap, but it was free. And at least, it didn't make you sleep on the job.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours

Cause I love the gap between your teeth
And I love the riddles that you speak
And any snide remarks from my father about your tattoos, will be ignored
Cause my heart is yours
Ha ha!

You were now at home, looking at yourself through the mirror. A little bit of pimples appeared on your forehead, but you managed to cover it with a teeny bit of makeup. You did prefer a natural look though. You wore a black button up shirt along with blue jeans, your (h/c) was let down, and your (e/c) orbs were gleaming. It was around 7 o' clock, and your doorbell rang. You ran to open the door. Alfred had an astonished expression when he saw you. It was a pleasant surprise. "Hi ______," he pecked you on your lips, "you look beautiful..." You blush and sat down on your sofa. Alfred joined you. You cuddled up to him. He puts an arm over your shoulder.

"Hey ______, you do love me. Right?"

"What kind of question is that, Alfred? Of course I do!"

"But your parents.. They hate me, don't they? And people say that I'm not the one for you.. Arthur says that you will want to leave me."

"Well.. My parents aren't so supportive of us.. People do say that.. But people are only people. They don't have a right to say we don't belong to each other. And Artie is always like that, isn't he?"

"Haha, I guess you're right. But, you do love me, right?"

"I do! Now shut up and keep cuddling me!"

"Wait. I love you too. Which is why.."

He got up from the sofa, and he got on one knee. He pulls a ring box from his bomber jacket, and opens it, revealing a diamond ring inside. You gasp.

So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard

"__(full name)__, will you marry me?"
Tears filled up your eyes. Your lips trembled into a smile.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
But they can't take what's ours
They can't take what's ours
The stakes are high, the waters rough..

"..Yes, I will."

But this love is ours.