England x Reader- Regret Message

Sorry if it hurts the feels
_____________________________

~ Flashback
"Arthur? What do you do everyday, when you go to this beach??" I asked, smiling at him from afar. He looked back at me with his green eyes. He smiled back. "I'm trying to make my wish come true," he says holding a message in a bottle, "by letting bottles filled with my wish flow freely in the sea.." I glance at him. He face was quite serious. I couldn't believe that he'd believe such a lie. I chuckled.

"Princess ______, would you like to make a wish too?" He averts his gaze from the blue sea to my eyes.

I laugh haughtily. "That's a game for peasants!" He smiled weakly. "I see." And he looked back at the sea. I slightly pouted looking at his expression, and wrapped my arms around his neck from behind. "I mean, what's the point, Arthur? You already granted all of my wishes, right??" I grin. He was slightly surprised by what I'd just said, and he just responded with a wide smile, one I've never seen before. "I'm glad, Princess." I just laughed and decided to sit on the soft white sand. "Princess, the sand will dirty your dress.." "Oh, rubbish, Arthur! I can dirty my dress whenever I want!" I smirked. He just smiled a bit again. "Okay, princess." There was a silence. I broke it by asking him a question, "What do you wish so diligently for anyway?"
He paused before answering. "For my Princess to be happy forever." I blush. "Well, Arthur, if that's your wish, all you need to do is stay by my side forever." He let out a relaxed sigh. "Then that is what I shall do, Princess."
--- End of Flashback

Now, I'm standing on the exact same beach where Arthur would send bottled messages. I was holding one of my own now. I had just witnessed the execution of my one and only friend. He died for me, and when I realized my sins, it was just too late. I open my hood, revealing my long (h/c) hair. Then I kneel down on the soft white sand where I'd normally sit, watching Arthur. I was holding onto my bottle tightly. Before I knew it, I started singing a soft melody.

"Flow along, little glass bottle.
With a message containing a wish
On the other side of the horizon
There, it quietly disappears."

Then I released my grip on the bottle. I saw it flow away far from the shore. 'Please, give me a chance, God. Let me play with him again. Please..' The smile I put on my face just a while ago turned around. My frowning lips were trembling. I broke down amd fell to the ground, crying like never before. I longed for the time I'd meet Arthur again. A wind blew against my wet cheek, as if it was softly carressing it. A breeze whispered in my ear, "I said I'll be by your side forever.."
--
I open my eyes. Where am I? I was surrounded by a familiar green landscape. I saw the "ribbon" I'd made for Arthur years ago. I was at the hill where I'd normally play with him. I looked at my hands, they were tiny and soft again, like when I was little. "______!" I turned around at the call of my name. There, I saw a young Arthur running in my direction. I smiled at him. He returned the favor. "I was waiting for you, ______."