C10. Breakfast Buffet

Start from the beginning

"Tomorrow's test?"

"Why announce it now?"

"Can't it wait 'till tomorrow?"

I can't help but agree with the complaining students.

"The content of the test is.... to make a new breakfast menu. One that is appropriate for the guests here at this Resort," Doujima-senpai tells us and I perked up. If it's breakfast then I'm hella fine about it. "The main ingredient is egg. Whether it be western or whatever; the type does not matter. The format will be a buffet-type of breakfast. And also, the exam starts at six am tomorrow, be prepared for the tasting at that hour."

Great, so there's a possibility that I might not be able to sleep tonight. Isn't that great.

"Every kitchen is available for practice runs, so you are free to use your time until morning," advised Doujime-senpai wisely, "It's also fine to go back to your room and sleep as well. Well then, let us meet again tomorrow at six o' clock. Dismissed!" Ending the announcement with a nod of his head, Doujima-senpai exits the stage.

I cross my arms and start to walk towards the kitchen. If I want this done, I'll have to do this now and get some rest.

I went to a station that was near a corner so that not a lot of people will disturb me since it would only distract me from thinking of the right dish.

"If we're talking about breakfast and egg together in a buffet, it has to be something eye catching and long lasting. Something that tastes ordinary yet can be eaten over and over aga--" My train of thoughts were cut off by a banging sound nearby.

"Hey!" I glared towards the person who dared disturb my thoughts by slamming their hands on the table I was using.

"... That's..... Cinnamon flavored syrup..."

Feeling a bit creeped out by the presence of the male, I squinted my eyes him. "Look, I don't have time arguing with you right now. I still need to do some runs with my dish," frustrated by his presence, I let out an unladylike inhuman like voice. "And how the hell did you know that I have cinnamon flavored syrup with me?" I furrowed both my brows in question to the male.

He doesn't answer and walked away calmly, to a station near mine. I sigh and went to work.

"Eh. Weirdo.."

The Next Day, 6: 00 AM, Hall E

Everything was set, I'm in Hall E and there were mostly students I didn't know.

I was in a station that was in the center of the hall, just great. Once the judges entered the hall, they mostly ignored my dish and went to different stations.

"In this case, I gotta attract people...." I mumbled, looking cautiously around me. I saw a kid who was holding a teddy bear and a distraught look on his face.

"Hey, kid," I called to him while motioning for him to come closer. "What's the matter? You're lost or something?" I asked him and the boy nodded.

I let out a short laugh and pat his head, "Why don't you wait here until you see one of your parents?" I suggested to him and the boy replied with a nod while clutching unto his bear tightly. "Ah, while you wait how about try some food? You must be awfully tired waiting for your parents, yeah?" I hold a plate of my dish in front of him.

"W... What's this?" The kid asks curiously, yet he looked like he was afraid to take the plate. I'm not scary at all! What was he so scared about? I am here to help him, yet he's afraid of what I might do to him. Aish, I can't blame him, then, he's lost here without his parents, of course he's scared.